View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 05:36 PM   #46
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) and there is no integrity in that type of marketing...will stapp do it so blatently as AB did?...would like to believe that he will take a higher road and market himself on his abilities, which we know he has...

I can think of some pretty decent artists who I consider to have a modicum of integrity who also have used their connection to their previous bands to market a new effort. Go buy the Mad Season CD, with Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains members and you'll see those words on the CD wrap. Or Jerry Cantrell. It's a decision by the labels, no doubt, but it's done all the time. It's naive to think Scott's won't be as blatant as AB, especially if, as was said, Scott has said how proud he is of what Creed accomplished as a band. Why would he not want to be associated with it, right? The label wants to make money, so yes, I think its marketing of Scott's solo effort will be as blatant as AB's.

Quote: the media may choose to mention the Creed connection...but it would be refreshing to see stapp choose another way of marketing his music...
Refreshing, maybe...realistic? No.