Thread: Daily Bread
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #2830
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

Personal Story that happened to me about two weeks ago that goes well with todays ponderings:

An Unexpected Visit

Personal story:
I was in a grocery store. I love their fried catfish so I go to the deli where they are preparing the food. I see a man who looks alot like Santa standing at the counter. I ignore him and continue to satisfy my need for fish. He looks at me and says, "You are glowing" "There is something special about your countenance", flattered by his compliments..I smile and say, "Thank you". He keeps looking at me...and I am getting a little warm around the ears cause I am worried at this point in the conversation. I don't know at this point if I should exit quickly or share.

He began to say other things that only God would know about me..and at this point I don't know anything else that is happening around me..I have forgotten the fish and everything else around me and this man with the silver hair has got my complete attention. I think to myself..Santa?...but he wasn't Santa..his name was Gordon and he had a story to tell. He was robbed at gunpoint for $37, shot in the heart and lived to tell about it. He said that God spoke through him to a nurse in the hospital as he was dying, said he prayed for her while he was injured and helped her through a moment of fear she was having. He said the funny thing about it was..The nurse was telling him this later on and thanking him. She said when he prayed for her all her fear left her in that moment and she felt completely calm and comforted by his voice. He said the weird thing was ..is that he didn't remember praying for her because he was unconscious and the only explaination was the spirit of God speaking through him. I didn't say it to him but God is still speaking through Gordon...even when he is conscious. He just doesn't realize it.

Before I left my new friend, he gave me about 10 copies of his typed testimony, and some other pointers on love and keeping strong relationships. It was a blessing to me.

Last edited by Sasa : 11-06-2011 at 06:58 AM.