Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

Are you READY....for some Football?

"Are you ready ?
for what's to come

Countdown to the change
in life that's soon to come..." Are You READY?...Creed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vukVp0_K268

Personal Story but w/ a point and on subject if you read between the lines.

I've had a 19" television for years, rarely watched it. My child would put herself directly in front of it on a yoga ball so that she could see it. Last weekend I made a valuable purchase. We bought a 50" HD Flat screen, the guy assisting me in the store was more excited about it than I was.
We had a problem. I wasn't sure it would fit. I was determined to get it home, so I suggested we tie it to the top of my car. The clerk said, "I'm sorry but I don't think that is a good idea...because I simply cannot tie things on securely enough". We decided to measure my ride to see if maybe we could slide that beautiful thing right up in the back of it. What do you know? It was a perfect fit.

We had to get another clerk to assist us in getting this thing to the car. On my way out of the front door, a dark gentleman sitting in a chair stops me to make sure I did not bribe the two guys pushing the tv into giving me a free one, so he had to check my receipt. He looks at me with an intense stare and asks, "Ma'am...Is that a War Eagle TV?" I smile at him like I have just won the lottery, " No, THAT is a Roll Tide TV". He said, "I'm sorry, but I cannot let you go any further". My two body guards behind me disagreed with him and proceeded to push through the Auburn fan out the door into the parking lot, he was no match for my boys and the 50" mass on wheels.

We get home and my 12 year old and myself manhandle this television and the new console that we had to put together...which I mastered with a screw driver and the step by step instructions read aloud by her. With some struggling we get this thing hung up on the metal brace that towers it off the floor over us, "Gosh I hope I put all the screws in where they were supposed to go," is what I was thinking, "we could have a major fatality".

Finally the moment of truth arrives, we turn it on. OHHHH! I could hear the angels singing and this Disney song coming from nowhere...."A whole new world, a new fantastic point of view..." Heaven help us everything looked different..Keith Urban singing on the beach barefooted...big as me, I can stand in front of that screen and look him eye to eye. Its awesome.

But today, TODAY, This DAY.....on this beautiful screen I get to watch Alabama take on LSU. It's a good day!

"I'll put you through hell, but at the end of it all we'll be champions." Bear Bryant

"Never quit. It is the easiest cop-out in the world. Set a goal and don't quit until you attain it. When you do attain it, set another goal, and don't quit until you reach it. Never quit."
Bear Bryant

"What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment." Nick Saban

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mohandas Gandhi

"Change in all things is sweet."
Aristotle

Last edited by Sasa : 11-05-2011 at 07:40 AM.