View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 03:09 PM   #2
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Good question. I'd say that the general music public views the lead singer as being the "leader of a band". Not too many look to the guitarist or bassist or drummer for that title. If that's the case, then Stapp was the leader of Creed and Myles is the leader of Alter Bridge.

However, when you think about it, it might not be fair to the other members of the band to recognize the lead singer as being the leader. Especially when the lead singer in a particular band only does lyrics, vocals and vocal melodies. In Creed's case, from what I've heard, Mark Tremonti did pretty much all of the music arrangements, and for some of the songs, the lyrics. Without good musical arrangements, no matter how good the vocalist is, the music itself suffers. So one could easily make the argument that Tremonti was the leader of Creed and is the leader of Alter Bridge.

I guess, being the guitarist that I am, I view the musical contribution as being more important than the vocal and even lyrical contributions. So, in my case, I'd probably view Tremo as being more of a leader than Stapp and Kennedy.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!