View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 03:56 PM   #6
cyndeelouwho
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) They were well known enough in the biz and made enough money as part of Creed and that's pretty much why they got the shot and the push from Wind Up. Three of the four were a known quantity. Wind Up probably wouldn't haven given them the time of day if they were just starting out as unknowns.
As far as their success, I think the jury is still out. From their point of view, I would think they think they are successful. They are making a living doing what they love. As far as commercial success, going gold seems to be the measuring stick, and they have reached that, but it's still up in the air in my mind as to whether they will reach as many people as they did with Creed. I know a lot of people don't like Myles' voice for whatever reason. Personally, I love the guy, but for some, his range is too high and sounds too 80s to some people, which apparently is a bad thing, LOL.

I just hope Wind Up leaves them alone and lets them do their thing.

I for one am disappointed that they went with Windup. I assume it was out of loyalty which in the Biz,,,,pleeze! The guys are true good hearted men but I think they got hosed! From what I have seen(my opinion)Windup doesn't promote them and maybe they are doing it in hopes of a GREED reunion, oops, CREED reunion tour. Windup would make WAY more money with that then with AlterBridge. Shelfing bands is common practise to keep out the competition. They should have signed with Sony when they had the chance in my opinion. Starving them out and trying to manipulate a reunion tour is CRUEL. I heard Stapp plans on covering Creed tunes when he finally gets out there where as Mark Tremonti in interview after interview feels it would be wrong. Could you imagine if they(AlterBridge) did belt out Creed tunes at their shows?! Man, that would sound soooo sweet.

I have seen them live all over the East Coast and they are well received. They would sell out if Windup didn't comp tickets and fill the venues with industry people instead of ticket buying fans! One show in Sayreville was packed to the max but according to reports wasn't sold out. I was there and we were past capacity by all standards! They Rocked! The only venue I didnt like was down in Baltimore, this place was like being in my parents basement! The sound sucked but their performance was like usual, AWESOME.