View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 08:03 AM   #58
RalphyS
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Proof that Christianity is the Way

Quote: (Originally Posted by SecretWeapon) Don't be a fool. You don't think I've seen the "evidence"
against God's existance? I grew up in the public school , where
evolution is preached with a passion. I know the "evidence"
well . As a very curious child ,I've heard almost all the theories
and ideas about dinosaurs ,and space , life , earth , etc ...
I have seen and studied much of the misinformation that you
evolutionist shove down the public's throat. I DO know that
evolution lacks the evidence to hold it up as a theory. The
hypothosis of evolution (aka theory of evolution) is a highly improbable
idea , a naive attemp of man which says that time+chance can create
the world we live in , and even catagorizes humans with apes ,
an unproved connection which is taught as though it's fact to our children.
There has been NO evidence of the precious "missing link".
As if there's ONE missing link! According to you guys , there are
several links , none of which have been found or proven. There
have been instances in which evolutionist tried to convince the
world that they'd found proof of "the" missing link- one man confessed that the
tooth belonged to an extinct pig , another time the scientist admitted
that his "find" (a bone) belonged to a local ape. Not to mention ,
whenever there is possible evidence against evolution , what happens?
Some people show up and destroy the evidence. Who? Why , none
other than evolutionists. It seems that , instead of being open-minded,
serious scientists, interested in learning the truth about our world,
they turn out to be tyrannic , flawed people who revere evolution
as the ultimate religion. Yes , I said it , evolution is a RELIGION.
Why else would so many people die for it , murder for it , steal for it ,
and cheat for it , destroying the possible evidence of the truth? That's
not science , my friends , that's RELIGION.

Wow, what a lot of rambling nonsense.
The definition of religion is "a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny"". In evolution there is no such thing as a supernatural power, in fact that is the whole explanation, there is a natural development of species, they evolve through natural selection based on selective pressures in the environment.

Also there is no such thing as a missing link. This is a centuries old analogy based on a "chain" metaphor. This metaphor should be abandoned because it implies a sequential stepwise progression of evolution. It also implies that there are "certain links" in the chain that are missing and must be found. The idea that adaptations are sequential in progression is a misconception. It ain't necessarily so, that somehow we evolve in a ladder of increasing complexity. Mutations occur randomly throughout nature's past. It is only by random mutation that new traits allow species to survive. Some misconstrue this adaptation concept to mean that living species somehow pass on genetic material to alter their offspring. This is not true. It is random changes that produce differences and these randomly acquired new traits determine whether the descendants will survive or become extinct.

Another problem with the the chain metaphor is that it implies that species are distinct, unique, fixed entities with identical traits. But, species lines are often blurred with adaptation and change occurring within a given species. When considering this, don't limit yourself to human evolution. For example, there are mutations and adaptation that occur within species of plants and viruses. Instead of the link and chain analogy, we should instead use the metaphor of a tree of evolution. It is fact that many competing varieties of species did not survive. Their branch of the tree went extinct. It is not imperative that their branch survived to continue the evolutionary process.

On the idea of the "theory of evolution", gravity is also only a "theory", but, is anyone still debating this?! Gravity can be readily observed by anyone on Earth. It's been proven many times by the compilation of facts. We've even experienced differences in gravity between sea level, high mountains and low-earth orbits. Gravity is defined by mathematical equation, yet it still a theory. Next, we have the theory that the "Planets Revolve Around the Sun". Again, this is still a theory. But, nobody is debating it. It is accepted as fact today even though it's original proponents were punished by the Church. In fact, religious believers are often the last to accept a scientific theory as truth, especially when the theory conflicts with their religious beliefs. This is currently true with the "Theory of Evolution". Scientists know that "evolution is indeed a theory, yet it's a theory with a lot of evidence on its side, and with more explanatory power than any competing theory in biology".

Evolution, or natural selection, does not simply apply to humans. It is evident throughout biological history. It can even be individually witnessed in present day with plants, viruses, etc. So, the problems with the theory of evolution are more easily described as a misuse of terminology by religious or uneducated groups instead of a problem with the observed facts.

"Evolution is a fact in the respect that we have hard data – an ever-expanding fossil record – proving that species have changed over time; dinosaurs, early mammals, Trilobites, and other forms no longer exist as living species. The exact mechanism by which these changes occurred (e.g. natural selection and environmental pressures) is the realm of evolutionary theory and is based on interpretation of that fossil record and other available data."

I am not saying that I am an expert on evolution, but it has obviously much more foundation than just saying 'goddidit' and even if there is a god that did it, who says he didn't use evolution to do it.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl