View Single Post
Old 02-16-2003, 05:09 PM   #1
marlsy
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Stereo Fuse interview about Creed and the Chicago show.

Hey I found this on Creedpit, I thought I would share it with ya!!

Stereo Fuse interview on the Chicago show
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stereo Fuse was on the Kidd Kraddick radio show yesterday, and the following, as best as I could transcribe it, is what was said.

------------
KK = Kidd Kraddick (or a KK co-host)
SF = Stereo Fuse member (since I don't know them by voice yet)

KK: Alright, speaking of Chicago and Creed, what happened?

SF: Um... I don't know. Lets - uh, let's pre-empt this with.. Scott Stapp was nice enough to let Stereo Fuse open for about 18 shows --

KK: So you don't feel bad trashing him now --

SF: No, I'm not trashing the guy at all, he built his castle and he's a rock and roll star, and... I think it's great! I just think people --

KK: Haha, he fell down on stage...

SF: ...want to put the guy to a higher standard than being a singer in a rock band, you know?

KK: But he's brought alot of that onto himself, hasn't he?

SF: Well, you know, it gets built up and once it's rollin', you can't stop the train.

KK: It's like the Britney 'virgin' thing. You gotta be really careful what you say because if it's something like "I'm a Christian" or "I'm a virgin", every time anybody talks to you they're gonna bring that up.

SF: Yeah, but Britney really is.

[laughter, people agreeing that it's true]

KK: So what happened? Since you don't want to say anything negative, and I don't blame ya, just give me a reporter's view of what happened.

SF: From, from what I saw at the show, he seemed to be on another planet...

KK: Uh huh...

SF: ...he seemed to be having a good time. I think most of the fans seemed to enjoy it, he was kindof in his own world, kinda pulling a Jim Morrison-esque kind of... rollin around on stage...

KK: That's a very lofty comparison!

SF: My favorite part, actually, was when he took off his shirt, he's wearing his leather pants and they're like, falling down, takes off his shoes, but the best part is he was wearing tube socks that must have been up to his knees..

[more laughter and comments]

SF: ...cause he was walking around the stage with like 6 inches of socks, like a little kid, hanging off his feet.

KK: So he took off his pants, too?

SF: No, no, no, the pants - the pants stayed on. I don't want to start any, uh, fellatiac rumors.

KK: So they were so long, they were hanging off the end of his feet, I gotcha..

SF: I remember my mother saying, "Chad, is this part of the act?"

[laughter]

SF: ...and I was like, "I don't think so."

KK: Was he able to -- was he able to do the songs then?

SF: No.

KK: No.

SF: No, no...

KK: So what did he do instead?

SF: Well he finished, but, by the end of the set he had his shirt off, and just threw down the mic, and raised his hands high...

[someone yells "YEAH!!"]

SF: ...and most of the crowd loved it.

KK co-host: I heard he threw up?

KK: Like the drunken "King of the world" scene in Almost Famous?

SF: Um, I'm not sure we can confirm that, but anything's possible.

KK co-host: Sometimes you just want to see your... the person you idolize being human and having a good time.. and even though they kinda screwed up the concert, it's still kinda funny to watch.

KK: Was Bowling for Soup there too?

KK: Did you guys come back onstage? After they, after...?

KK: No.. I'm confusing shows. So.. so they did finish..?

SF: They did, yeah, there was, they were all ready for a riot...

KK: All instrumentals?

SF: No, actually, Mark and Brett, the dru- the bass player sang.

KK: They did the singing.

SF: Yeah, and they were actually quite good.

KK: The fans couldn't have been pleased with that, though?

SF: They were- they were a little upset...

KK: Yeah.

SF: Um, like I said they were expecting a riot, but, they didn't know what though....

[they start talking about Kelly, the KK co-host, doing the same thing when she drinks, and then the clip ends]