Thread: When oh when!
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 12:23 PM   #42
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) well, windup records has him as a "Coming in 2005" artist, now, does that mean the year 2005 or "coming in 2005 years" honestly, i dont know. I believe that stapp wont have any fancy guitar work on the cd tho, look at creed...He had a guitarist that is considered to be one of the best guitarists of the 90's, and he didnt put him to work! Honestly, if mark tremonti was my guitarist, i would have him shred for 90% of the song, and me singing just 10%. If you look (technically) at the transition hes made from Weathered to One Day Remains, he takes a massive jump in difficulty between those years. Now, with creed, you could also tell a difference from My Own Prison to Weathered. Big difference. Yet still lacking solos, now on ODR, there are a bunch of them and they are extremely impressive solos, so i think that stapp had something to do with the lack of solos. So i believe that there isnt going to be too much fancy guitar work on stapps record, i just hope that be does a better job on that cd than he did with Relearn Love. Stapp is one hell of a singer/songwriter, and i would hate to see his career go down the shitter

Yeah, I agree with that. Mark should have done a lot more soloing on HC and Weathered. It's really a shame that he didn't. I agree, I don't think that there will be fancy solos on Stapp's record(I say that mainly because I just don't think Goneblind is that good) but I know that the vocals and lyrics are going to be good, possibly great. I like Relearn Love(the more acoustic version of the song is a lot better than the album version) but I don't want all of Stapp's songs to sound like RL. I want to hear some aggressive stuff from Stapp; I want to hear a good mixture of songs. Mostly, I want to hear Rock, not the softer stuff.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned, but Stapp is most likely going to be on Jamie Fox's new CD. I read an article on PBF(in the news section of the forums, which is visible to all) that said Stapp will be on the CD. I think that's interesting, but I don't like the idea. I think Stapp's only musical focus at this point should be his solo CD, not someone else's. Sure, it'll probably help Stapp some(for those Fox fans who buy the album and like Stapp's work on there) but, like I said, his main musical focus should be his solo CD.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!