View Single Post
Old 01-08-2003, 06:04 PM   #57
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: WHO CARES if they didn't actually apologize
It would have been nice if the members of Creed were able to show a little bit of empathy/understanding to the fans. The band/fan relationship is especially vital to Creed, and if they were genuinely concerned about the welfare of the fans, a personal apology would have been written. Lawsuits as an excuse for this? Give me a break.

Quote: I didn't expect Scott, Mark, or Scott P to give me a ring and say...blah blah blah. Stop whining like spoiled little babies who don't get their way
Well duh... But I did expect him to say SOMETHING. Again, to remind you, we paid the band around $1,000,000.00 that night for a concert. What we got was a sham, and everyone knows it.

I can give Scott a break for being drunk on stage, because I know he's having a rough time. But what I can't accept is the fact no apology was given; another huge slap in the face to Creed fans. An apology is not asking much, it's common decency and Scott's responsibility to his band and their fans.

Yes, even Scott Stapp has some responsibilities.

Quote: GET OVER IT and be a little understanding
That would be a good thing to say if one were still whining about the drunkeness incident despite an apology from Stapp. However, such an apology has not occurred. This issue speaks to the character of the band, and is still ongoing.

Furthermore, why must I "understand" everything that Scott does, no matter how out of line? Can't I expect Scott to "have a little understanding" for his own fans? Is there no way Stapp can cross the line in your mind? What he did was perhaps the most insulting thing you can do to fans at a concert. And then to not apologize? That's just wrong on so many levels.

I'm a huge Creed fan, but I guess I'm just not obsessed enough to stamp "it's OK, I feel your pain..." on even the most outrageous behavior.

I mean, come on, set some standards!
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed