View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #17
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: New Creed Song Confirmed!

This is great news !! I wonder when he says they are taking back to the old school if he means more of a MOP tone or Human Clay/Weathered sound..I cannot tell you how happy it makes me that these guys have come to their senses and are realizing that there is nothing wrong with the evoultion of a musician...(After all Full Circle was just that..Tremonti/Marshall/Phillips doing their AB best mixed with Scotts solo sound)..I think the guys didnt have alot of success with the album because it departed from the Creed sound and vibe that made them famous..When I hear songs like My Sacrifice, weathered and one last breathe they sound nothing like anything from Full Circle..It didnt have a Creed feel to it..I myself prefer the MOP type sound but if I had to choose between the Human clay and Weathered sound..Id choose it a Hundred times over the vibe from Full Circle..The best songs in my opinion from the album were 1000 faces, Overcome, Good Fight and Rain only becauses they were the only songs that remotely resembled Creed..In closing I am happy the guys are realizing that they dont need to reinvent the freakin wheel..Yes the music can still be heavy or poppy but please that AB sound is AB not Creed..I feel had Kurzweg directed and produced this CD it would have come put alot better..Howard Benson is overrated..They guys need to truly go back to their roots..Maybe success will follow..As a hardcore Creed fan I hope so..