View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 12:09 AM   #26
Creedture
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: "Creed Live" DVD Review

Quote: (Originally Posted by josha31042) Stapp was lightyears above his current performances during Delray.
He uses all of his range...most, anyway. He has ALL of his grit.
He sounds great. Not 1999, but great.

It is miles above what he sounds like now....so something is seriously wrong here, and I think the fans, (atleast, the ones who aren't in denial and want to know what's going on), should be entitled to an explanation.

If he were to up and say that his voice is shot and he will never be the same again.....I'd be fine with it, and I'd still listen all day long.

But pretending the problem isn't real, won't make it go away.
This issue needs to be addressed.

One thing worth mentioning is that Delray show was a one-off, special invite show apparently - i'm sure he put more into it and didn't have another show the next night, and the next, and the next (you get the picture). Probably sings at a 5 or 6, to sustain the length of the tour as opposed to a 10 for a one shot.

People say the album is all dubwork, but I don't buy that. you can't auto-tune emotion, the grit, that.."Stapp" feeling. But your albums are your legacy, so you give it your all. We've all moved on from the drunken stupor live shows, im sure we'll move on from the sub-par vocals at the live shows. However, this reunion would be short-lived if this new album sounded anywhere near as bad the live shows, ya know?

Last edited by Creedture : 12-15-2009 at 12:11 AM.