Thread: Heaven at all?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2003, 01:50 AM   #75
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Samuel
You do not accept that God will punish sin.

Please don't tell either of us, or anyone for that matter, what they do or do not believe. We are saying that God will punish unrepentant sinners, but not by sending them to burn in hell forever and ever. I believe that they will be put to death and not given the reward that true believers receive - eternal life on earth.

As for your scriptures - I don't see what Matthew 23:32 has to do with anything. And verse 33, 'flee from the judgement of Gehenna', i assume you're saying Gehenna is hell? I don't believe that, i believe it stands for death, eternal destruction. There is no mention of eternal torment in a fiery hell.

2 Peter 2:4-14, that's talking about God not holding back judgement for those who deserve it, and as i said above, i believe God will not let these ones go unjudged.

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 - the people who will not inherit God's Kingdom. I agree.

Revelation 21:8 - much the same as 2 Peter. Those deserving it will be punished, i believe the 'second death' refers to total destruction. In Revelation 20:13, 14, it says death, or hell or Hades or Sheol or Gehenna or whatever, is hurled into the lake of fire, which i think you were saying was hell in itself.

*all scriptures used were taken from a direct translation of the Greek scriptures*