View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 01:36 AM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Well, most of y'all know I'm a huge Jerry Cantrell/Alice In Chains fan, so Jerry was my favorite of all the openers I saw. I also really liked 12 Stones. I thought 3DD and Default did a good job, along with SubmerseD and Stereofuse.

Re: Jerry and Creed. Most Jerry fans loathe Creed and many thought it was a bad idea to even put them together. I thought the pairing was odd as well, but I was psyched because I love both ...Also, I'm not making excuses for him, but Layne Staley had died right around the time he started touring, first with Nickelback and then with Creed. I'm sure he wasn't in the best of spirits that summer and some of the crowd reaction was less than supportive. And given what Alice accomplished and produced, it must have been disheartening to get such lukewarm reactions. I have seen him three times, twice on his solo tour, and he was awesome live. His double CD released in December 2002 was my favorite rock album that year. It has not left my regular rotation since I got it.

Sorry, got a little carried away there .