View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 09:11 AM   #12
00iceman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: regis and kelly review

Quote: (Originally Posted by caseycarson) "he was having an off-day......"

"his voice wasn't rested....."

i love creed and think stapp sounds fine on studio recordings, but stop making excuses for the fact that it's LITERALLY painful to hear him sing live.

Agreed, unfortunately. Don't know if it's the cigarettes or what, but I feel bad for him. It didn't used to be that way. His live performances from 6+ years ago were usually spot on in tune. He used to take steroids for problems he was having with his voice box, don't know if he's still doing that or not.

HOWEVER, I think it sounded extra bad, not by any fault of his, but because of the setup Regis and Kelly have for bands. That show is known to make bands sound worse than they normally might sound live. Their studio is not appropriately set up at all to handle an actual band.

As far as song choice, I think they might have fared much better had they done their acoustic version of Overcome with EROCK handling all the high notes. But you know they're going to push Rain in all of their TV appearances because it appeals to a larger audience, at least the studio recording does...