Thread: AB III leaked
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #75
Inspired
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: AB III leaked

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) I agree, but it's not the occasional radio friendly song that bothers me. It's the filler material that consists of forgettable verses & a plodding, bland chorus that I truly don't understand.

Sadly, I think the closest we'll get to an all-heavy record is Blackbird. The 1-2 punch of Ties That Bind and Come To Life is the best in modern rock history. They need more of that. Are they afraid of alienating a huge part of their fan base who came over with Creed? Probably. Creed was the same way. Always saying they were "hard rock" but then putting 1-2 heavy songs on a CD at most.

An entire album of songs similar to Ties, Come To Life, Coming Home, Isolation... my god... that would be phenomenal. Do they have it in them? I think so. They need to just do it already.

I agree! And the thing that annoys me about Blackbird is that the early versions of the Come to Life, Ties that Bind and Buried Alive that they played before the CD was released during the European tour were even heavier. It was like they purposely watered them down.

Maybe they are worried about alienating their fan base, but does AB really need a huge mainstream fan base if Creed is going to exist again. Leave that to Creed that already has that reputation and do something different/cool with AB.