View Single Post
Old 05-29-2003, 02:32 PM   #1
Charmin
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Anyone done any home studio work?

Anyone here ever done any work in a home studio/recording program? Or had any experience with midi?

I'm currently learning & working with (mainly learning) CakeWalk Home Studio XL. I'm using a Sound Blaster MP3 Live. I've been unable to get any guitar with texture-or that sounds like it is actually being played........(for lack of a better description). I've got several type voices to chose from-and can get some 'effects' using slide controls on modulation--etc. There's some other built in effects available. Drums sound awesome and so does bass-and I'm amazed at how much you can do with vocals-but I seem to be totally inept or something with guitar. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on places to get better voices, etc.....It may even be possible to create ur own midi voices in there somewhere--but there's so much depth to learning this stuff.....I haven't even went there yet. Just fishing for some suggestions....

Thanks a bunch
Charmin