View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 03:08 PM   #14
SummerGirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I have seen and met Brian on 3 happy occasions. He is very polite and humble. He is just one sweet hellavu guy.

Pontiac, MI - Brian was rocking hard. He connected well with the crowd as observed through his smiles and eye contact. He made the effort to even look up and interact with the balcony seats. He smiled. He banged his head...hair was flying. He even started to play some Iron Maiden during the request section at the request of a group of 3 people. At the aftershow, he was very approachable and seemed genuinely interested that this was my first show.

Chattanooga, TN - Brian seemed a little quieter on stage. He still made eye contact with the crowd, smiling and signing the horns.

Louisville, KY - Similar to the TN show.

Brian holds his own on stage. You don't quite forget that he's there, but he isn't exhibiting Flea-esque antics either. The "show" simply isn't needed. He adds subtle texture to the songs and his stage presence adds subtle coolness to the performance. And that my friends is what we love him for. Brian is a very talented bass player. I only hope that we get to hear more of him on the next album.