Thread: Video Out Now!!
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 12:45 PM   #25
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I haven't seen the video yet(I'm patiently waiting for it to be done DLing, thanks a bunch Bullets!) but, based on what I'm gathering from here, it's a pretty simple video. Quite honestly, I don't think it is a bad idea to go with something fairly simple, considering it is the first video and the first single for Scott. If it were my call, the video would only feature him(and not the band) to signify that he's now a solo artist.

Obviously, they could have done a video that really fit the song, but they decided to go with something simple. I don't think that was because there was a lack of money(this is Scott Stapp we're talking about, a guy who was in a band that made WU millions of dollars, it's not like he's an unkown guy), but just because they wanted something simple. I think the next video will be more complex, but more complex does not always a good video make.

I think Scott's video will receive good airplay on VH1. They gave AB a TON of play for the first few months, and quite honestly, I can see this video doing well on their top 20 countdown, just as the video for OYE did well.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!