View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 01:20 PM   #87
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) True, although Tremonti was the lead guitarist for Creed, one of the biggest rock bands in the last five years. Well actually, ten.

Yes, but in general(and I wish this weren't true) the frontmen are viewed as being the biggest part of a band. In this case, Stapp would be viewed as being bigger than Tremonti, because Stapp was the frontman for Creed. When people think Creed, they most likely think Stapp before they think Tremonti. That makes me think that WU is gonna promote what some view as the biggest part of Creed. I personally disagree with this, but it's unfortunately the way things are.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I certainly don't. I actually knew you were gonna cry Switchfoot when I said it is hard to do, lol. I don't see how Stapp can do it though.

Yeah, of course I was going to use SF as an example. Too easy not to. Obviously, it's hard to tell if he'll be welcomed with open arms or not. He's done/said a lot of things in the past that obviously infuriated the Christian music community. It's not guaranteed that he'll receive acceptance from the CMC. Far from guaranteed. But I think because of the interviews he has done(the revealing one for Christianity Today comes to mind) and because of the songs(Relearn Love and TGD) that he'll be welcomed with open arms by the CMC. We'll see if that happens or not, though.

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Meh, he's not a CLONE... Vedder is better. But he is eerily similar.

I don't know if he's eerily similar. To me, Eric Durrance is more of a Vedder "clone" than Stapp is. But Durrance hasn't gotten that comparison...instead he's compared to Stapp.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!