View Single Post
Old 01-07-2003, 11:18 PM   #20
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Aren't you the same guy who posted the site to send the "support" letters to Scott when he needed us most????
Yes, I did organize that drive of messages (over 300 msgs of support - including mine - were mailed out last week). But Scott's personal problems do not justify him going out on stage wasted and hardly able to stand/sit, insulting fans that collectively paid around $1,000,000.00 to the band.

I support Scott in his personal struggles and I empathize with him, but I'm not going to "support" his every action just because he's Scott Stapp.

This is a matter of decency and having respect/concern for your fans. So far, Scott has shown he cares very little for Chicago concert-goers who feel insulted and ripped off. I'm not the only one.

Quote: Tell me, when did YOU decide he no longer needed OUR support?
Uh, I never said anything about you guys. I'm not sure how you drew that conclusion. I can express my own opinion even if others don't agree, right?

Quote: Go to the next Creed show with an open mind
I will be going to their next show (whenever it comes near me), but I'm NOT going to have an open mind about another Chicago incident.

And I'm not going to shy away about talking about this (ongoing) issue. It speaks directly to the nature and character of the band. We should not just "get over it" and gloss it over.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed