View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 01:17 AM   #36
Malevolence
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: I don't know why you need to attack Hestla Malevolence, nobody was saying anything derrogatory about Marshall.

... frankly, I haven't said a single derogatory thing about poor Mr. Hestla.

The point I'm trying to make about Hestla is that, while we're all eternally grateful that he filled in as touring bassist ( I saw him in concert, mind you -- amusing man that he is, he still felt out of place -- and, furthermore, his singing really comes out too ... "blah" ... when he does back up chorus -- Tremonti should've smacked him with the guitar for singing during My Own Prison ), but the fact is that all consideration for Hestla as PART of Creed's music is not acceptable when we can have Marshall instead.

Quote: The reason Marshall was dropped from Creed was because he went on a radio show and cursed out the DJ for saying that Creed was a Pearl Jam clone and then Marshall said that Pearl Jam was nothing compared to Creed.

Uh. Duh.

Quote: Musically, Marshall is probably a better bassist than Hestla, but you don't have to be a punk about it. Hestla was never in Creed, he never tried to "take Marshall's spot", he took a job as touring bassist to try and help out his band and because his friends in Creed asked him too.

Yep, Marshall > Hestla. And I can be a punk about it. AND, furthermore, to stress this point --

In the arena of speculation, Brett Hestla was being considered as a possibility for Creed's bass work in their next production

... which, I think, is ok. But when you weigh that against ... Marshall? C'mon. Who wants a replacement when we can get the real McCoy?

Quote: It's too bad Wind Up records couldn't give Virgos a deal, otherwise this conversation would never be happening, and I wouldn't be annoyed by your insults Malevolence. Hestla's a nice guy, and a teriffic musician.

Actually, it's not too bad that Wind Up didn't give them a deal. The Virgos either deserved a deal, or they didn't. Wind Up has taken up several projects in the past that have potential..

If Virgos didn't get the deal, it's because they didn't deserve it. Period.

And as far as getting annoyed goes...

Your counterproductive, snide, unnecessary, and mildly aggressive comments are not only out of context, but -- what is infinitely worse -- a waste of MY time.

Tsk. For whatever reason, you're simply being unnecessarily defensive.

Bah. Get a sense of humor.

Now. Go put your nose in a corner. And count.

Before your mommy spanks you.