View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #7
Creedfan73
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: The Meanings of "Time"

I take it as literal as it sounds, it is a personal confession.

I can't explain | Can't quite put my finger on | The difference that makes us so different
Scott is talking about how different he has noticed that he and the rest of the band[/ ? ] became since the band was formed and he doesn't know why.
We've said everything...our words only betray us
He has appologized and has accepted appologies, but still every word makes the situation worse.
Nothing is left... Nothing was left unsaid
Scott has no more to say, no more appologies or explanations to say..
This TIME...I have nothing left to lose
Scott is not holding back is emotions and words, he is being truthful about everything, even as bad as it is, he has to do it because he feels that his situation can't get any worse..
I'm stuck...the second hand won't move
Scott feels that he can't get past this wall that has been built and everyday is the same, nothing changes for the better..
It's about TIME that I speak my mind
Scott needs to explain his side now..
It's about TIME...about TIME I find | Pieces of me I have lost
Scott feels that he doesn't like who he has become and he wants to go back to the good person knows he once was..
...Without any choice I move on. | Hey TIME you're no friend of mine |Hey TIME you're no friend of mine
Weather people know that he has changed, they still see him as a bad person. By Scott's poor actions throughout the years, Scott has been branded a bad person and there isn't anything that is going to change that..
You cover yourself...you cover your skin | you cover yourself...like you cover your sin
Scott has told lies and made up stories to cover for his poor actions.
Please untie my hands...I'm a sinner...I'm a man
Scott is explaining that everyone makes mistakes, and he is asking for people to stop holding him at such a high standard so that he can be truthful..
I ask for one minute...To make you understand!
Scott is begging for the band[/media/ ? ] to listen to him and explain that he really has changed..
Will you be there to catch me when I stumble | When I fall...When I fall?
Scott feels he has alienated everyone to the point that he is alone, and he fears that if he messes up again, that no one will help him..
It's so very clear you left me when I had no one at all | No one at all
Scott realizes that during the time he was messing up, the band[/media/ ?] turned their back on him because they were done with dealing with his problems..
Who will be there to catch me...To catch me | When I stumble...When I fall
Scott asks himself IF there is anyone who will help him if he messes up again, knowing that there isn't anyone..
Peices of me I have lost | Without any choice I move on |Hey TIME...you're no friend of mine!
Scott is exhausted with himself and he is upset that he has messed up so bad in the past and he says again that his past is haunting him..