View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 10:54 PM   #96
Braddsn
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp on Live with Regis and Kelly

Point well taken. I guess what I am thinking about is this.... Take any big band... Journey for example.. The general public might possibly be able to name Steve Perry as the lead vocalist, but probably cannot name the rest of the band. If you replaced the drummer for Journey, with a drummer that could maintain the Journey style of drumming, I don't think anyone would notice (excluding the musicians that are into that stuff). Replace the bass guitarist, same deal. Lead guitarist, majority of the time, same deal. But you replace Steve Perry????? Then Journey is gone. This happened with Skid Row. They went through many musicians over the years, nobody noticed. Then one day Sebastian left. Skid Row was over. And I leave you with this.. Yes I agree with you, The Great Divide is no Creed album. The reason I believe is because Stapp has taken a new direction with most of the songs. He can do that if he wants because he is a multi-millionare now. But listen closely to the song "The Great Divide". This song is the exception. I have listened to it about 100 times now. It is right on par with creed. I am willing to bet that if I had the CD before it was released, and walked around telling people that this song was the new Creed song, nobody would dispute it. The lead guitarist did a great job at his version of Tremonti's style. Now if you are a musician (which I am) and you are really into each instrument and style (which I am), then yes, you may be able to tell its not Tremonti. But the majority of the listeners are not in this category. When you listen to AB, ANYONE can immediately tell its not Stapp on vocals. Oh and for the record, I will never jump on the AB vs. Stapp bandwagon, because I also think AB kicks A$$. They should not be compared in my opinion. I am writing long posts like this because I am bored and am killing time before I go to work