View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 10:50 PM   #8
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: A Blackbird Review

Okay,
Here is my official review of the new Alter Bridge Blackbird CD. Before I say anything I was one of those ex creed fans who thought that when Creed broke up and Mark and company recruited Kennedy that it was all over. I really loved the guitarwork on One day remains but it seemed like alot of the songs were 80's in sound and while I loved them musically I reall only dug a few of Myles songs as Alter Bridge's frontman, those being metalingus and Find the real. This new album has totally given me a new opinion of Myles talents as a vocalist and I love the new direction Alter Bridge has gone in. Gone are the somewhat annoying 80's oohss and ahhs that Myles went a little overboard on. This album really rocks! Although Rise Today is their first single it really does not do this album justice. It is more of a carryover song from One Day remains. The rest of this album is unbelievable. My favorite songs are Come Alive, White nuckles, Blackbird, and Buried Alive while One by one and Wayward one are quite good. Mark's Guitar and Kennedy's sound have finally come together to give us what is to this date their collective best ! The riffs and shredding are rediculous. The guitar solos on this album are alone enough to make any fan of metal /Rock buy it. As I said Myles is truly amazing vocally on this and as much of a fan of Scott Stapp I was when they were creed it is evident that he is capable of so much more vocally than Scott could ever dream. So I give this album 4 out of 5 stars and reccomend that you pick it up !
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...
No I'm not real and
Yes I'm feeling...