View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 09:17 AM   #1
revisfoot
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
A Blackbird Review

This album is completely different from One Day Remains. It is much heavier, a lot more "metal" in points, and you can tell that Myles has been given a lot more songwriting leverage; you can even hear it in "Rise Today" -- that breakdown in the bridge sounds like Myles' old stuff.

The album, in fact, does not slow down until about track 10, but even then, it picks right back up with a full-on face attack. Mark's guitar playing has really become a monster, and with both he and Myles shining through on this record, it's amazing. You can also hear Brian on this record, something that was definitely missing on ODR.

The title track is AMAZING. Really haunting. Even at 8 minutes, it's unbelievable. It's the pinnacle of the record, because it contains everything that we want from AB.

They left out the "I am not your new messiah and I will not take you higher" line in Come to Life, though, which I REALLY wanted to hear. Kind of like a finger straight to Wind-Up.

I give this album an 8.5 out of 10 and will for sure be known as Alter Bridge's resurrection album.