View Single Post
Old 01-24-2003, 03:45 PM   #165
Julbright
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
My opinion on the Chicago let down

I feel like this subject has been beaten to death on this thread, but I haven't said a word yet so I am just going to post my say and be done with it. I feel I need to support velocityidp - he is right on the money with this one. I am a loyal and devoted Stapp fan - this doesn't change my opinion of him on the whole. However, whether he likes it or not, he is a professional artist now and I expect a little bit more professionalism. If I am being paid to show up and do a job I can't show up wasted, not do my job and still get paid for it without any consequences. Yes it is "only rock and roll" , but you know what - they are mega stars who get paid millions of dollars - our dollars. So, I just feel that we deserve a little more respect. Everyone makes mistakes but the important thing is how we handle them, and they are not handling this one appropriately. This was not a bad day - it was a vountary action that interfered with a job to be done. AND YES _ it would make me feel better if they acknowleged what happened and accepted some responsibility for it because that is they type of people I think they really are. I think their management is trying to spin this and avoid a major PR nightmare, but what they are really doing is insulting those of us who suffered through it. If you really care about this band and you were in that arena, there is no way you left there feeling anything but confused, extremely worried about Scott and empty. The lack of information and then the very late and insulting press release just added insult to the injury. I love Creed, they are still the same people and all that jazz - but they need to work on handling it when things aren't going well. Anyone can take charge of the helm when the waters are calm - true character comes through when the waters get choppy. I think they are being directed to do nothing because I don't think it is indicitive of Scott's character to blow this off. It is a bit arrogant to think they can just rest on their laurels and blow everyone off. If this was a free concert in the park I would say oh well too bad for me - but I paid a lot of money and travelled a bit of a distance and encountered all kinds of little inconveniences to be there and got little back for my investment.

Bottom line - we forgive him, we still love him, would just like to see him accept responsibility and move on.
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie