View Single Post
Old 08-04-2003, 11:45 PM   #42
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed's lyrics make no specific reference to Jesus at all. It seems to me that MOP (the song) comes the closest to doing so ("A lion roars in the darkness/ Only he holds the key/ A light to free me from my burden/ And grant me life eternally"). Faceless Man sort of does, but the description of the object of the song is ambiguous. Many of Creed's songs are like this in that the lyrics provide no clear separation of Christianity from other religions. I work w/ a guy who has complained that, though he likes Creed, he wishes they would admit they are a Christian band. But I agree w/ Stapp when he says that Christian bands have a specific agenda in bringing others to Christ; Creed has no such agenda. I don't even think Scott is an enlightened Christian; I feel that he, instead, is merely very insightful and introspective when he writes. They have many songs that could well be labeled "Christian", but the same could be argued for Disturbed (I've nothing against them; their CD's, as you may well know, have explicit lyrics, though).