View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 02:53 PM   #83
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) You're missing a point -- his crime was not directly related to his activity as a president. Do not hold presidents for higher standarts than others -- this is just a job, and you want not a saint to be doing it, but a qualified person.
No, you missed my point, dear. My point wasnt that what he did was wrong. It wasnt that I couldnt trust a man who would cheat on his wife. It was that I cannot trust a man who got on national television, adn lied straight to his teeth to the American Public.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lechium) You know what? Rest of the world LOVED Clinton. Moreover they had thought that Monica incident was really unimportant. Moreover most people (including me) have hard time understanding on why Americans care so much about that entire ordeal.
If you want US's image to get better in eyes of other nations -- get rid of Texan hick who's currently in office. Really.
Then the rest of the world lives a standard of life that is far differed than the one in America. (I'm not speaking finacial, but moral). And isnt *this* stereotyping? The rest of the world is a farily large generalization, if you ask me. Anyways, I said it was my opinion, and it is. The vast majority of people who think that Bush is a stupid hick are the same people who assume that everyone from the South is a stupid hick. Where hes from and his public speaking abilities have nothing to do with the decisions he makes as a president.
And wasn't this thread about Clinton, anyways?

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller