View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 12:23 PM   #78
Agent D
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by shiver) Actually, every Christian is meant to be evangelical with the gifts and talents God has given. I don't think you have to explicitly say, "Hey you believe in God, or burn in Hell," actually I think thats half wrong, It's a way of life, and I think that if you proclaim to be something you better back it up. If I told everyone here that I was a better guitar player than Mark, I should find a way to back that up, like record an album, or post a mp3 of my work, so I could back up that claim. But if I said that, but did nothing about it, you all would presume I am a liar, yay?

I don't want to get off topic but I feel I must try and clarify my original point.

Stapp never came out and said he was any type of Christian. He never said anything at all, in fact, merely that Creed was not a Christian rock band. My point was that the whole Christian thing came about because well...people are dumb. You see, Scott made reference to Gabriel and God in MOP and so they assumed he the perfect, evangelical Christian. Like I said before, if people assume Evanescence is a Christian band then the attitude and appearance you put forth really doesn't mean a damn thing.

Okay, now I'm done.