View Single Post
Old 09-20-2003, 06:13 AM   #5
Jez
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
ABRAMS: And you know, I have to say, talking to you, you seem really bothered by this lawsuit, I have to say.

SCOTT: I really am, because… we, we get sued all the time. (Abrams: Really) Y’know, someone hurts their leg, someone does this… other times… and in every case, it’s not a suit, it’s a ‘Call our lawyer and let’s bargain because we know that the band’s reputation is *this* and so who cares if it’s true or false, how much is it worth to keep us from throwing this out to the media?’ And because we’re… you know… we don’t care, we philosophically just can’t acquiesce to those threats and so we call their bluff and 99% of the time they go away and this one didn’t. And it just seems as if it’s been a blatant attack on my character and my integrity and (Abrams starts talking over him)

ABRAMS: You talk about reputation, and your character and the guy, Philip Berenz, now says he’s gonna refile this lawsuit-

SCOTT: Well, that’s standard

ABRAMS: -claiming sort of false advertising in the sense that he’s saying you guys promote yourself as a Christian band (Scott: No. No…) and that this really shows him that this is not what you are at all.

SCOTT: Okay, well, that’s been a misconception since day one, we have addressed that a million times, um… I deal in my lyrics with many different things and spirituality is one of the things I dealt with heavily on the first record. And, uh, a lot of people thought, and heard, and believed that we were a Christian band and despite the numerous ‘No, we’re not’ but… hear it how ya want it, uh… that has, we’ve been dubbed that. And, uh, so I think that some people would come to concerts thinking that and they’re not used to those environments because they don’t typically go to rock shows, and they see something unusual or they see something that they don’t normally see and, y’know, it shocks them, y’know… I, uh, had another incident where I was fired up one night and I cursed, and oh, man, people were writing on the email “Oh my gosh, he said a cuss word”

ABRAMS: I know about getting emails. My viewers know… and anything I say… even talk off I get all sorts of email.

SCOTT: I’m just saying… but the whole point is that I would’ve *much* rather had you have me on here tonight talking about all the positive things that are going on. Y’know, all the good things, like the awards you said we won, the nominations we had this year, the great year we had, and the future album that’s coming out next year, and the good things that are happening at the label with all the success they’re having, but this is just… something that… I really, in the beginning, didn’t think it was going to amount to anything. You know what they asked for in the beginning? ‘We just want half ticket prices, to meet the band, and some signed merchandise.’ And as soon as they got some media attention (A interrupts, agreeing)

ABRAMS: Look, this case is going nowhere, I made this prediction before (Scott: Well no, it’s not), when they refile the case it’s gonna get thrown out again (Scott: Well, that’s standard, remember that, it’s standard), yeah, it should, I know that, but it’s gotta get thrown out, and thank you very much for coming on the program (Scott: No problem). Appreciate it, good to see you, y’know, I’m a fan of yours (Scott: I appreciate it) although I have to say, I’m a fan of Dave Matthews, and he wrote into the program complaining about something I said and I had to go after him because I disagreed with him, but I happen to agree with you on this case. Well, alright, thanks for coming (Scott: Well, come to the show). Alright. Coming up...

Creed~~Bullets