View Single Post
Old 09-20-2003, 06:11 AM   #4
Jez
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
SCOTT: That was… that moment was a moment in a song called ‘Who’s Got My Back,’ and I typically don’t like to share with the fans – fans of our band know this, we have a lot of symbolism in our music and our performances are more… they have a real theatrical element to them and during a song ‘Who’s Got My Back’ I laid down because of what I was trying to get across to the crowd, which was, I didn’t feel that anyone did, at that moment. It was kind of a low point for me personally. But… that’s stuff I don’t wanna share, y’know. That’s… that’s just an artistic moment, and with the way that this case, had it been heard, it takes away those moments, it takes away the experimentation, the off-the-cuff things that can happen during a concert, and (Abrams beings to interrupt) with any performance.

ABRAMS: And that’s what I think makes this case so ridiculous. I said this the other night when this other guy was on, is are we gonna start getting into the business of saying ‘Oh, did the person have a raspy voice, oh, how many drinks did he have? Oh, wait, I saw him having a glass of wine before the show!’ that’s not… we just can’t start doing that for every concert. Let me just let you listen to a piece of sound from Philip Berenz who was on the show suing you… this is what he talked to… this is what he said about the performance.

Philip Berenz: This is about corporate greed. It’s not about a drunk performer or a bad performance, it’s about doing what’s right.

ABRAMS: Alright, what do you make of that?

SCOTT: (thoughtful) Corporate greed… uh… the only thing that I think would be considered greed in this case is him. Um, and you know, a bad performance-

A (interrupting): Was it a bad performance?

SCOTT: Y’know… I don’t know. Y’know, we do the shows, and some nights I might feel it was bad and Mark’s like, “No, you did a good job” and Mark may feel he had a bad night or Scott… “No, you did a good job.” Y’know I think that it wasn't, probably, in retrospect, y’know, the *best* show we ever had in our lives, but… it was a different show, um… it’s subjective, y’know, some people left feeling like it was the greatest show they’ve seen and I guess these two individuals didn’t agree with that. But it just goes on to a bigger issue and… and… it’s… when are we gonna stop? Y’know, society just seems like everybody’s suing everybody.

Creed~~Bullets