Old 12-10-2011, 05:38 AM   #2861
Sasa
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

"Don't Give up on Love."

"In tears you counted reasons
Tears covered you it seemed
Face down screaming "God help me please"...

If my life is the price, then my life it will cost
Now that I'm picking up the pieces see the pain that I have caused...."

I'm not the man I used to be,
I've Changed..." CREED (Away in Silence)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCB6fUyrOlo

To align in perfect love in a simple way I count my blessings. I think about all the things that really bring a smile to me inside and out. The amazing part is that its not stuff. The things that really make me happy has to do with serving others and knowing I could have made a positive difference in one life. That I let one person know that they matter, that they are loved and valued. That I care.

I had a patient recently that blew my mind. He was suffering from the results of a stroke. His entire left side was paralyzed and he was completely dependent on someone else to care for him in simple things like standing up.
He couldn't swallow very well because even the left side of his face was paralyzed so someone had to make sure he could eat properly without choking.

In a matter of minutes his life changed forever, he went from being able to care for himself, to total dependence on someone else. I would have loved to see him stand up and walk out of that hospital, and there is nothing more pleasing than seeing a patient be discharged that I cared for especially in my presence. Sometimes all we can do is pray, motivate and encourage.

He cried when I took care of him, actually he cried alot... what he said has forever changed me. Before this I was completely worried about my competence, overly concerned. I simply cleaned his glasses off so that he could see....and in his tears...He said, "We just need someone who cares". His words echoed that of everyone in sickness and in health.

I don't think he knows that he changed me...don't know that he will ever know that in his hour of darkness, he forever changed me for the better. When I left there, I was crying, but I felt whole...I knew God gave me a heart to care and if I can't do anything else right...I can do that.

God is good, and He speaks through others at the perfect time...with just what you need to grow in Him, in LOVE. He cares and He uses all of us, even in darkness to reach others who may only need to hear one word to do a complete turnaround.

Blessings to Come.

Last edited by Sasa : 12-10-2011 at 05:59 AM.