Thread: Madison mosh
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2002, 10:40 PM   #6
Read JDM
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Madison mosh

Quote: Originally posted by tremy1
Can someone tell me why people have to act like that & why does the staff take so long to do something about it?

I used to work concert security as a fundraiser for my fraternity. I did a few shows at the PNC Arts Center in NJ and Veteran's Stadium in Philly. I've seen it get pretty rough, and from a perspective where it all looks awful and pathetic on the part of the concertgoers. At a Chili Peppers show that my girlfriend and brother worked at with me, my girlfriend got knocked off a step by a liquored up asshole, and she would've fallen head first on the concrete several steps down if my brother didn't just so happen to be there to catch her.

Basically, the reason this stuff happens is because you've got some security guards who don't feel as if it's worth risking their bodies in the midst of a bunch of crazy -- and all too often drunk -- kids when they're only making minimum wage. I'm not saying it's right, and I'm definitely not saying all the security guards are like this (some take the job very, very seriously), but I'm just saying that lots of security guards are there for the free live music and the offers of oral sex they get from teenaged girls who think the guards can get them backstage.