View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 11:15 PM   #26
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) I do have question RMadd by this statment are you implying that it is impossible to have moraltiy with out a system of belief? what about ethics?

just curious

-JESTER
i'm not quite sure how you got that out of my statement but no, i don't think it's impossible. certainly not for ethics, anyway. there are many unethical christians, just as there are, i'm sure, many ethical atheists. what constitutes morality, however, is far more subjective. i'm sure that you have a set of beliefs from which your morality is derived; i, therefore, cannot write off your morality as being illegitimate. never having been an atheist or irreligious, nor having studied it deeply, i am not particularly knowledgeable regarding the basis for an irreligious person's moral compass. just because i believe my morality is superior to yours does not make your morality entirely invalid, if that's what you're accusing me of doing. just because the Cardinals are superior to the Cubs (and just about every other team in the MLB) doesn't mean that the Cubs (or anyone else) effictively cease to exist as a pro baseball team.