CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Statement from Creed Management (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=1234)

Bridge of Clay 01-07-2003 09:36 PM

yep..the statement was dumb, specially that "it´s all about rock" part... hahaha

I´d rather read nothing...but nobody would get happy with whaterver they write... but that one was pretty bad, can make things worse...

but as someone said (teri or dogstar?), maybe they were advised due legal problems...

anyway they couldn´t write; "We´re sorry that,as you saw, Stapp was drunk... we promisse he´ll never do that again... he´s really regretful too" that wouldn´t work too...

hotforscott 01-07-2003 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by velocityidp
<b>When someone makes an honest apology, it means that he recognizes what he did was wrong, and that he realizes that he disrespected (to an extreme level) very loyal Creed fans.

This is not "butt-kissing," it's just decency. &nbsp;

This is the MINIMUM I'd expect from anyone. And then you have the whole refund/re-concert issue.... guess we won't be getting either! :vomit: </b>

Aren't you the same guy who posted the site to send the "support" letters to Scott when he needed us most????
Tell me, when did YOU decide he no longer needed OUR support?
Just accept it and move on! Go to the next Creed show with an open mind and ROCK with them like you always have.

Mr.CreedFreakTN 01-07-2003 10:28 PM

I think Scott and the band deserve a long break for awhile, to rest and heal and maybe mend some fences. Maybe when they're ready to tour again, they'll kick it off in Chicago, and maybe do two shows if you have an old Creed stub, you get in free, and then the next night take all the money that was made from ticket sales etc from a paying show and donate to a Chicago charity.

hotforscott 01-07-2003 10:29 PM

That's a good idea!

velocityidp 01-07-2003 11:18 PM

Quote:

Aren't you the same guy who posted the site to send the "support" letters to Scott when he needed us most????
Yes, I did organize that drive of messages (over 300 msgs of support - including mine - were mailed out last week). But Scott's personal problems do not justify him going out on stage wasted and hardly able to stand/sit, insulting fans that collectively paid around $1,000,000.00 to the band.

I support Scott in his personal struggles and I empathize with him, but I'm not going to "support" his every action just because he's Scott Stapp.

This is a matter of decency and having respect/concern for your fans. So far, Scott has shown he cares very little for Chicago concert-goers who feel insulted and ripped off. I'm not the only one.

Quote:

Tell me, when did YOU decide he no longer needed OUR support?
Uh, I never said anything about you guys. I'm not sure how you drew that conclusion. I can express my own opinion even if others don't agree, right?

Quote:

Go to the next Creed show with an open mind
I will be going to their next show (whenever it comes near me), but I'm NOT going to have an open mind about another Chicago incident.

And I'm not going to shy away about talking about this (ongoing) issue. It speaks directly to the nature and character of the band. We should not just "get over it" and gloss it over.

DangerousDan85 01-07-2003 11:21 PM

Quote:

sometimes I take showers

that's good to hear

TeriB19 01-07-2003 11:23 PM

Dan, Dan, Dan. :lol:

velocityidp 01-07-2003 11:26 PM

You're going to treat me the same way you treat Creed-bashers that come in here with moronic comments like "Creed sucks" or "Creed is the worst band in history"?

I'm discussing this reasonably and with thought. I'd hope people on this board are mature enough to handle discussion that is a little more serious than how "sexy" Scott looks.

Think before you start the bashing.

DangerousDan85 01-07-2003 11:29 PM

i'm just kidding around I do it w/ everyone. More with the bashers, take a chill pill

TeriB19 01-07-2003 11:29 PM

Quote:

<b>You're going to treat me the same way you treat Creed-bashers that come in here with moronic comments like "Creed sucks" or "Creed is the worst band in history"?

I'm discussing this reasonably and with thought. I'd hope people on this board are mature enough to handle discussion that is a little more serious than how "sexy" Scott looks.

Think before you start the bashing. </b>

Relax, velocity, no one is bashing you. We are just a little surprised at the change of heart you've had. We are sorry for your crappy experience (damn I feel like I say that in every post) but we're just surprised that you were so supportive of Creed before, and now you've changed your tune. Don't take offense. Dan's just joking with you.

franrn 01-07-2003 11:30 PM

Oh my GOD velocityidp, Give the man (Scott) a break. I sure Scott the man he is will issue a statement of his own or even write a song. Only time will tell. :) Don't judge until YOU walked in his shoes. :rolleyes:

DangerousDan85 01-07-2003 11:31 PM

I'm not being malicious

velocityidp 01-07-2003 11:40 PM

Quote:

Relax, velocity, no one is bashing you.
I know, I know. I just saw it coming, though. I'm just a little frustrated that most non-Chicago-concert-goers don't seem to understand how big of a slap in the face this was. To be such a huge fan of the band, support Stapp in his struggles, and then to see him out there the way he was... I was sad. At that point, I was ONLY sad.

It was after a few days after the Philly concert, and no apology or any mention of that slap in the face, that I spoke out about the injustice and lack of respect for the fans.

Quote:

but we're just surprised that you were so supportive of Creed before, and now you've changed your tune.
Again, as I've said numerous times before... I support Stapp in his personal struggles and I empathize with him. I can cut him a break for being completely drunk in Chicago, but what I can't accept is the fact no apology was even attempted.

Know what I mean? It's a slight but very important distinction to make. This says a lot to me and all the other Chicago fans.

franrn 01-07-2003 11:43 PM

I feel for you velocityidp, I do!!:(

creedfan47a 01-07-2003 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DangerousDan85
I'm delicious

That's nice. ;)

(Hey, this is fun!)