CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Creed Song Confirmed! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=13179)

Dark_Knight 07-17-2010 03:09 PM

New Creed Song Confirmed!

Check it.

http://www.billboard.com/news/creed-...04104898.story

Creed Hits the Studio Before Launching Summer Tour

Quote:

Creed is hoping to have a brand new song ready to accompany its upcoming U.S. 20-20 tour, though time is certainly tight as the quartet prepares for the 36-date trek, which starts July 26 with a flood relief benefit at the Hard Rock Nashville.

"I've recorded a demo of it in my studio, and now everybody has to get together and put their two cents in and agree on the song -- and we've got to do this in the next week and a half," guitarist Mark Tremonti tells Billboard.com. "While we're doing rehearsals in Nashville, maybe we'll record the song. It wouldn't be out at the beginning of the tour, but in a perfect world...it'd probably be within the first two weeks."

Frontman Scott Stapp, meanwhile, says he's confident the group can pull it off. "We've thrown some ideas at each other over the last couple months," he says, "and if everything comes together right, which I think it will, there'll definitely be a new Creed song this summer."

Tremonti says that unlike Creed's 2009 reunion album "Full Circle," which he calls "an artistic statement showing we've grown as musicians and writers," the new song, as yet untitled, will be more familiar to fans. "It brings it back to the old vibe we used to send out in our songs," he explains. "It's just that kind of a feel-good, big rock song, that anthemic, 'My Sacrifice' and 'Higher' kind of vibe." He also "left the lyrics real loose...so when Scott gets his hands on it he can put his own stamp on it and sing it with conviction."

Assuming its successful completion, the song will be part of a number of new elements Creed will include in this summer's shows. Stapp says the concerts will feature new production and a new look, while the group plans to play more songs from "Full Circle" -- which was not out while the group was on the road last year -- and also "dig deeper into some of our favorites that weren't singles on each record." Tremonti specifically mentions the song "Pity For a Dime" from Creed's debut album, "My Own Prison."

And after suffering sluggish ticket sales last summer, forcing the group to move last-minute seats for $5 or $10 at some stops, Creed is instituting a unique plan selling the first 2,010 reserved seats for $20 with no added service charges, and the remaining seats for $20 and $10, plus fees.

"Last year showed us that there's a lot of people who want to come that just can't afford it," Stapp says. "We thought we had a ticket price that was affordable, but there were a lot of factors there. So this is about that relationship and staying in touch with our roots and blue collar America, which is where we're all from. It's natural as a band to be connected to the economic situation of our country and wanting to continue that connection with the fans."

During the tour Creed will also be giving away a custom $80,000 motorcycle and guitar designed to honor fallen military troops.

Meanwhile, Creed is looking forward to more new material in the near future -- especially, Stapp says, an acoustic album that will feature "our favorite,s the ones that the fans love" and some songs "that might shock some people because they're so heavy or fast or intense, electric, but when we strip 'em down and play 'em acoustic, it's a whole other thing. It's really cool and we want to share it with our fans. They've been asking for this from the band for years, so that's something we're trying to slate time for next year, and also a new record."

Stapp is also slated to be one of the featured singers on a version of Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Fortunate Son" for the new Santana album, "Guitar Heaven: The Greatest Guitar Classics Of All Time," due out Sept. 21. Tremonti, bassist Brian Marshall and drummer Scott Phillips, meanwhile, have finished work on the third album by their other band, Alter Bridge, which is due out in late September on Roadrunner, with a European tour starting Oct. 16 and North American dates with Godsmack slated to start in March.

My Sacrifice 07-17-2010 03:52 PM

Re: New Creed Song Confirmed!

[quote=Dark_Knight]Check it.

Creed Hits the Studio Before Launching Summer Tour[/QUOTE

Great to hear some news. I'm looking forward to higher my sacrifice type of song.

Buried And Gone 07-17-2010 07:33 PM

That's awesome to hear that it's going to be a big chorus rock song. Hopefully it will be HUGE!

TrulyAmazing 07-17-2010 07:44 PM

[quote=My Sacrifice]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
Check it.

Creed Hits the Studio Before Launching Summer Tour[/QUOTE

Great to hear some news. I'm looking forward to higher my sacrifice type of song.

pity for a dime, :rockon: And Only In America....:rockon: ........cant forget only in America, :) join us on that blue bus... yeah i can see where a new song would be going in those directions, Man I hope Its A Good One, Thanks For Posting The Updates...:rockon: :crest: ....

Creed009 07-17-2010 10:53 PM

I still can't believe that they're not going to release "Away in Silence" as a single. I thought that song would be a major hit.

nagpo 07-18-2010 12:45 AM

I came.

Edit:

This year: Tour, new creed song, Stapp cover song, Alter Bridge 3, AB tour.

Next year: Stapp solo album, Stapps book, Myles Kennedy solo album, acoustic Creed album.

Heaven folks. This is it.

King Oropher 07-18-2010 07:30 AM

Stapp cover song?

BSC 07-18-2010 07:47 AM

^^ Fortunate Son.

This all sounds really exciting! An acoustic album? That'll be very interesting.

TrulyAmazing 07-18-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
I came.

Edit:

This year: Tour, new creed song, Stapp cover song, Alter Bridge 3, AB tour.

Next year: Stapp solo album, Stapps book, Myles Kennedy solo album, acoustic Creed album.

Heaven folks. This is it.

thanks man you are the best beautiful job it helped me get my calanders organaized in stuff, well done, rock on....

Agent D 07-18-2010 01:48 PM

Sounds good, so far. My fingers are crossed that it all pays off.

Buried And Gone 07-18-2010 11:48 PM

New Stapp single this year too. Then Creed V in 2012! I'm also looking forward to the solo album Mark talked about.

Odetolife 07-18-2010 11:54 PM

Just posted on EROCKs twitter;

Just finished putting together a new song.

Sitting here listening to the latest Massive Attack record. This is ME time :)

nagpo 07-19-2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odetolife
"Just finished putting together a new song. "

For whom? For Creed?

Odetolife 07-19-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

For whom? For Creed?

I'm thinking creed man. That makes since to me,i know he did some different stuff non creed related like a couple weeks to a month ago just from seeing his tweets and it's so close to the tour and he made a post earlier that's it 4 days til they leave for the tour.

Dark_Knight 07-19-2010 02:40 AM

Nah it's Eric's own stuff. He's been writing demos and working on the new Hemme project (Christy Hemme) with Garrett (Submersed/Eye Empire) so I'm 99.9% sure it's not for Creed.

Steve 07-19-2010 09:22 AM

Woah, AB on tour with Godsmack :)

Tremontiriffs77 07-19-2010 09:51 AM

This is great news !! I wonder when he says they are taking back to the old school if he means more of a MOP tone or Human Clay/Weathered sound..I cannot tell you how happy it makes me that these guys have come to their senses and are realizing that there is nothing wrong with the evoultion of a musician...(After all Full Circle was just that..Tremonti/Marshall/Phillips doing their AB best mixed with Scotts solo sound)..I think the guys didnt have alot of success with the album because it departed from the Creed sound and vibe that made them famous..When I hear songs like My Sacrifice, weathered and one last breathe they sound nothing like anything from Full Circle..It didnt have a Creed feel to it..I myself prefer the MOP type sound but if I had to choose between the Human clay and Weathered sound..Id choose it a Hundred times over the vibe from Full Circle..The best songs in my opinion from the album were 1000 faces, Overcome, Good Fight and Rain only becauses they were the only songs that remotely resembled Creed..In closing I am happy the guys are realizing that they dont need to reinvent the freakin wheel..Yes the music can still be heavy or poppy but please that AB sound is AB not Creed..I feel had Kurzweg directed and produced this CD it would have come put alot better..Howard Benson is overrated..They guys need to truly go back to their roots..Maybe success will follow..As a hardcore Creed fan I hope so..

TrulyAmazing 07-19-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
Sounds good, so far. My fingers are crossed that it all pays off.

i know it i know it :laugh: good to see the guys getting along so well to pull off another creed album, it will pay off, i dont believe in luck, its a rollercoaster, ....:rockon: just roll on right with it, i dont even see a break period coming, thats good, and also will pay off,

King Oropher 07-20-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buried And Gone
New Stapp single this year too. Then Creed V in 2012! I'm also looking forward to the solo album Mark talked about.

When did they talk bout Creed V 2012?

Dark_Knight 07-20-2010 08:21 PM

^They haven't to my knowledge. I wouldn't be surprised if the next Creed album comes out late 2011... Myles is hoping to have his out by 2011 and I'm guessing Scott's will be out late this year/early 2011 but who knows. The guys are going to be SUPER busy.

ABIII
New Creed Song/Acoustic Album
Scott Stapp II/Santana Cover
MK Solo Album
ABIII EP (Bonus Songs)
Tremonti Solo Stuff (Maybe)

Creed V

nagpo 07-21-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Tremonti Solo Stuff (Maybe)

I've never heard of this. Why would Tremonti want to go solo? He's basically in charge of two bands already.

Dark_Knight 07-21-2010 02:11 PM

He's not. He mentioned on a Fret12 Q&A that he has some old solo stuff he'd love to release someday... maybe via Myspace. Seeing as his official Myspace was in the works not too long ago it's possible he could release a few songs... but we'll see.

TrulyAmazing 07-21-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

I've never heard of this. Why would Tremonti want to go solo? He's basically in charge of two bands already.

i have, i encouraged it when ideas was speculating, It does sound tiresome, but when inspiration is moving you gotta flow with it, i think it would be just fun project for him, To excercise his playing alone, :laugh: but man like you said unless hes put away some work on the back burner, i really dont know where he going put it, If He Acomplishes it....:rockon: :tremonti: He Has Made My Hall Of Fame, Not The One In Cleaveland, why they call the heart of rock n roll, :confused: i,ll never know just another misconception i can live with out today, We All Know Its MEMPHIS, i dont wanna start any contraversity, or a civil war, :laugh: :argue: ....just an opinon, Peace Be With Us....

Buried And Gone 07-22-2010 01:32 AM

Tremo did say he wanted to do an insturmental album and a possible solo album with singing.

Dawn 07-23-2010 11:01 AM

From ERock's FB page:

Quote:

G'morning Nashville! On our way to the studio to record a brand new @Creed song for you guys!

:D

nagpo 07-23-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn
From ERock's FB page:

:D

EROCK is recording with Creed now? I guess that means he's a member. I love it. Can't wait to hear this song.

Dark_Knight 07-23-2010 05:34 PM

From Brian:

Quote:

Recording a new Creed tune today call "more than this" in Nash Vegas.

nagpo 07-23-2010 06:31 PM

"More than this"? Is anyone else as excited as I am?

Dark_Knight 07-23-2010 06:33 PM

Definitely! Love the title... I'm just worried about them rushing things, they only have 3 days to record lol hopefully they can get it done.

nagpo 07-23-2010 06:41 PM

The title makes me think this is gonna be one epic song.

TrulyAmazing 07-23-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buried And Gone
Tremo did say he wanted to do an insturmental album and a possible solo album with singing.

at the time nothing about singing was brought up it was an instrumental thing, so i guess he wants to sing with it i like instrumental albums, ...........:rockon: :crest: :rockon: :crest:

TrulyAmazing 07-23-2010 10:50 PM

Quote:

"More than this"? Is anyone else as excited as I am?

oh yeah, the title sorta reminds me of the no where to hide direction,

TrulyAmazing 07-23-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Definitely! Love the title... I'm just worried about them rushing things, they only have 3 days to record lol hopefully they can get it done.

it should,nt take that long to record one song and get,er done proabley been at for a while with this one.....:crest: :rockon: :crest: Praying For A safe Summer Tour For The Guys and everything is geared up saftley :)

Buried And Gone 07-25-2010 02:48 AM

A close friend on mine has leaked the lyrics to the song.

(in the tune of WAWO)

We try so hard
To make rockin' tunes
For all our fans
To jam out to
Tremo plays guitar
14 hours a day
You should see him rock
That man can really slay

We wish our promotion
Team knew what they're doing
Please get our videos
On the TV set
We have no promotion
(no promotion)

We were the biggest band
Of the 90's
Now you can go to our show
For 23 penies
It makes no sense
Were we not missed?
I wish our promotion
Was more than this

We have no promotion
Even though we are Creed
The best band in the world
Used to sell out stadiums
We have no promotion
Wind - Up dropped the ball
We'll try our best
But Wind - Up you really suck!
We have no promotion
(no promotion)

Wind -Up dropped the ball
Oh yeah
We have no promotion

(RAD Ukelele solo)

If i had just one wish
It would be that
We could sell millions again
But i don't that will happen
Music fans are dumb
Only like Justin beiber
He really sucks
But he has good promotion!

I wish our promotion
Was more than this
We do our very best
To clean up Wind - Up's mess
We have no promotion
But that is alright
we're still the best
And we'll never go away
Even with no promotion

With no promotion
We have no promotion
Oh yeah
fuck you Wind - Up records

Especially Diane Metzger....

Dark_Knight 07-25-2010 03:10 AM

^Greatest lyrics of all time.

King Oropher 07-25-2010 08:20 AM

Sounds uplifting & positive. I like it

TrulyAmazing 07-25-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Oropher
Sounds uplifting & positive. I like it

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: My sweet jesus, come on now, PROMOTION COMETH NOT FROM NOT FROM THE EAST NOR THE WEST, This be true, Promotion however comes from truth, and taking a serious momeant, far from the black and white, that aint what rock n rolls about, and im still a wind up toy, CREEDS, message i think still goes unseen, and unheared, that open up many doors from a t z in spitrual awakings visuals and sound, AND THATS WHY WE LOVE CREED, and these 4 blue collar dudes, time waits on no one, SO WE STILL GOTTA KEEP PRESSING ON, Ya,alls And Come To a far greater Exceptence Than we Ever Have Before there was a nation, Like Creed Started, We Love Creed, And AB, and those who dont get it, im going be singing aint that a shame, it was,nt for some to understand our nation does not rule the world, but, we have overcome the world..... by just being all that we our folks......:rockon: :crest: :crest: ....getting ready for a great tour, ROCK ON......ya,alls ....

King Oropher 07-26-2010 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrulyAmazing
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: My sweet jesus, come on now, PROMOTION COMETH NOT FROM NOT FROM THE EAST NOR THE WEST, This be true, Promotion however comes from truth, and taking a serious momeant, far from the black and white, that aint what rock n rolls about, and im still a wind up toy, CREEDS, message i think still goes unseen, and unheared, that open up many doors from a t z in spitrual awakings visuals and sound, AND THATS WHY WE LOVE CREED, and these 4 blue collar dudes, time waits on no one, SO WE STILL GOTTA KEEP PRESSING ON, Ya,alls And Come To a far greater Exceptence Than we Ever Have Before there was a nation, Like Creed Started, We Love Creed, And AB, and those who dont get it, im going be singing aint that a shame, it was,nt for some to understand our nation does not rule the world, but, we have overcome the world..... by just being all that we our folks......:rockon: :crest: :crest: ....getting ready for a great tour, ROCK ON......ya,alls ....

wtf are you smoking? You made no sense at all. You realise I was talking about the name of the song?

My Sacrifice 07-26-2010 11:06 AM

[quote=King Oropher]wtf are you smoking? You made no sense at all. You realise I was talking about the name of the song?[/QU

haha. I like the part about Wind Up toy.

TheGreatDivide 07-26-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

wtf are you smoking? You made no sense at all. You realise I was talking about the name of the song?

I've been trying to figure that out for months what she says