CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Last CD You Purchased (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5896)

Dogstar 02-20-2004 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTTSMYMAN
I'm also looking for Chris Cornell's solo album too.

It's awesome! I highly recommend it.

SCOTTSMYMAN 02-20-2004 05:19 PM

Just bought it off of Amazon.com It should be here in a week!! WOOOHOOOO :jam:

RMadd 02-20-2004 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTTSMYMAN
and I'm gonna have to buy a new copy of Thirteenth Step because it has a crack in it

If you already own the CD (if it was a gift or personal purchase), I believe downloading is legal, in this instance. I'm thinking this is the case, b/c you've technically already purchsed the legal rights to listen to the CD in its entirety.

Dogstar 02-20-2004 08:23 PM

Hmmm, really? Wouldn't downloading it be the same as having someone make a copy for you to replace your damaged one? The RIAA claims copying a CD is illegal, so I can't imagine downloading would be legal even if you already bought it? And you'd have to keep your receipt of the CD to prove you bought it...I don't know...just thinking out loud :D.

JulieCitySlicker 02-20-2004 10:25 PM

Default and 3DDs new ones :)
That was before Christmas to :rolleyes:

bgivens33 02-20-2004 10:45 PM

You can download it or make a copy from a friends as long as you have the original. You would be essentially making a backup of it. Which is perfectly legal.

SMACKxxxCREED 02-21-2004 03:57 PM

3 Days Grace

Fuel

SmilinSkullRing 02-21-2004 09:03 PM

Los Lonely Boys - Los Lonely Boys

Great rock from three Mexican brothers. :)

SCOTTSMYMAN 02-25-2004 04:56 PM

I got my Chris Cornell cd today. It ROCKS!!! :jam: I love it and so much different then I thought it was going to be. I highly recommend it! :thumbsup:

hotforscott 02-25-2004 05:37 PM

I bought the new Cannibal Corpse CD today.......for a friend.

RMadd 02-25-2004 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Hmmm, really? Wouldn't downloading it be the same as having someone make a copy for you to replace your damaged one? The RIAA claims copying a CD is illegal, so I can't imagine downloading would be legal even if you already bought it? And you'd have to keep your receipt of the CD to prove you bought it...I don't know...just thinking out loud :D.

If you read more closely, copying a CD for distribution to others is illegal. But if your friend does copy the CD for you, and you've already owned it, who's to say that you simply didn't copy it yourself? Don't worry, b/c you already own the CD, downloading the songs or copying it is legal.

Mr. Prophet Man 02-25-2004 10:42 PM

The Best of Pantera

Dogstar 02-25-2004 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
If you read more closely, copying a CD for distribution to others is illegal. But if your friend does copy the CD for you, and you've already owned it, who's to say that you simply didn't copy it yourself? Don't worry, b/c you already own the CD, downloading the songs or copying it is legal.

That's not how I understood it. I thought distribution of any kind, even to a friend who doesn't have the CD, was illegal. You would have to prove somehow that you bought or own it as well. Aslo, wouldn't the person receiving the copied CD in essence, be stealing it because he or she did not pay for the music? That would be the same as if the person who was receiving the copied CD downloaded the music. In this case, someone else did the downloading. In any case, it would be really hard to prosecute a case like that, IMO, and hardly worth the expense.

GeeK_2004 02-26-2004 09:05 AM

Puddle of mudd- Come Clean & Life on display
Shinedown

luvscott4ever 02-26-2004 02:51 PM

My daughter and I just picked up Disturbeds MAAWII cd/dvd, Blindside and Shinedown on Tuesday/