CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   ...quote from Paradise Lost (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3327)

Lechium 06-06-2003 12:55 PM

...quote from Paradise Lost

"Better to reign in hell, than to serve in heaven" -- John Milton, from 'Paradise Lost'

Do you guys agree?

goddess_bb 06-06-2003 01:03 PM

Lech..you are not happy unless you are stirring up shit huh??
You are tooo funny..:D

Lechium 06-06-2003 02:14 PM

It's boring here otherwise.
P.S. I do expect an answer to the question lol

JulieCitySlicker 06-06-2003 02:21 PM

You can reign in hell if you want to Lech:eek: But I have news for ya;) You'll be doing a lot less fun things down there;)

Lechium 06-06-2003 02:26 PM

This is NOT about christian persepction of heaven and hell. Dont take it too literaly... think a bit heh

Siana 06-06-2003 04:40 PM

Re: ...quote from Paradise Lost

Quote:

Originally posted by Lechium
<b>"Better to reign in hell, than to serve in heaven" -- John Milton, from 'Paradise Lost'

Do you guys agree? </b>

depends on if there's something worth it to reign in hell.depends what that servitute is for

Dogstar 06-06-2003 05:13 PM

It may not require a Christian perspective, but the question still goes to the heart of a person's morality and personality in my mind. Are you a hell-raiser or a goody-goody? Are you a risk-taker/adventurer, or do you play it safe and take the road most traveled...I'd say I'm in the middle. Depends on the circumstances.

StrubesGuitar 06-06-2003 05:59 PM

Lechium, whats so good bout reigning in hell? Hell is a place w/"gnashing of teeth", IT' ETERNAL DAMNATION! that's not cool. Those who reign w/Christ will reside on a new earth and heaven.
I was reading some of ur earlier posts and i see you are very smart and logical. But i am disappionted by some who call themselves Christians who do not speak the truth in love as we are commanded to. Wadrick has no right to judge u. But since he claims to be a believer i can judge him. What u read from him was not spoken correctly. Lechium, u've heard it a billion times, GOD LOVES U! And He always will. why are u angry at him? why don't u believe in him? And in paradise, u won't be just serving, it will be a huge partay!

goddess_bb 06-06-2003 10:56 PM

allright your answer to your question.. what if hell is this reality and so there is no hell and brimstone cause hey we are already living in hell???:dunno:

StrubesGuitar 06-06-2003 11:06 PM

What IF! WHAT IF! WHAT IF! AH! Hell is real. there is the human world(us) and the spiritual world. There is heaven, there is hell. Though this life on earth feels like a living hell (only sometimes), we have smthg to look forward to (heaven). Try thinkin bout the good things in life. THE CUP IS HALF FULL(optimism). We have a purpose, and we should serve it to the fullest.

Lechium 06-07-2003 05:09 AM

You're talking about "hell" and "heaven" in biblical notation. Dont. Dont take things too literay.

DangerousDan85 06-07-2003 11:36 AM

i want to reign in Hell, i'm too lazy to be a servant, :lol:

:devil: :cheers: :smokin: :drunk: :gandalf: :drunk2: :devil:

StrubesGuitar 06-07-2003 08:42 PM

What other ways are there to talk bout heaven and hell besides a christian perspective? Maybe in Hindu, Islam, humanist, realist, etc.???????

Lechium 06-07-2003 09:00 PM

How about non-religious perspective?
Word "hell" has many uses.

person1: "how was your day?"
person2: "hellish!"

does person2 refere to biblical hell? No he is merely sayign that day was hard and sucked.

StrubesGuitar 06-07-2003 10:55 PM

Yeah, my friend just told me his summer will be "hellish". But that word is derived in a way. Hell is hard/bad and it sucks! But the thing u have to take in perspective is where the word was derived from. As u said, it does have many uses. More uses??Give some. If someone says there day was hellish, -ish meaning like, than there day literally meant it was "like hell". Hell, in the Dict. has two sections: Christianity-wise, and like u said, describing a bad situation. Its roots go back to the old days of the Bible, when used not as a descriptive or mildly profane word. But today, we take it and use it to describe how a day seemed like we were in hell, or felt it, or the day itself was LIKE hell. Therefore, it's roots do go back to Christianity and still can be used in non-religious perspective. Like it or not, it still has to do w/hell from Christianity. So think about it. But i use it in a non-religious perspective, so, i just wanted to give u some background info.