CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   AB III leaked (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=13299)

Chris98GT 10-01-2010 04:32 PM

AB III leaked

Just sayin'.

Can't wait to buy the actual CD, but there's no way I was gonna hold out.

I'll post up a full review eventually. There's too much to take in right now. I'm definitely going to need a few more listens.

Overall, I can say it's pretty different from anything they've done before. It's definitely an evolution of the Blackbird album. It's not as fast or riff-driven as Blackbird but it's still a solid, heavy, dark effort with a few light moments.

The intro on the opening track is one of the coolest things I've heard in recent memory. Deliciously dark.

One thing I immediately noticed was that One Day Remains and Blackbird both had songs that could be considered a pop single (Open Your Eyes, Rise Today). Not this time. The closest they come to that is Wonderful Life, which has some hints of In Loving Memory in it.

nagpo 10-01-2010 06:58 PM

Re: AB III leaked

When does the CD come out?

Chris98GT 10-01-2010 07:18 PM

10/8 Australia
10/11 Europe
11/9 USA

nagpo 10-01-2010 07:24 PM

Thanks, I Think I can wait a couple of days for it.

maccamer 10-01-2010 08:31 PM

WOW! Great album! It lives up to the hype and expectation of an AB album and beyond! Great job guys! I'll be buying at least 3 copies in November! Will be seeing you if you come to Spokane this next year! Again, amazing job AB!

Tremontiriffs77 10-02-2010 12:05 AM

After listening to the streams over and over for the past couple hours I feel ready to give my review. Alter Bridge is entirely one of my favorite bands besides Creed and a few others. This CD is very much different than anything Ive heard from the guys before. The CD is loaded with great music but at the same time mangled by Kennedy's delivery on many of the songs. You will get no argument from me that Myles is one of the most talented rock vocalist in music but his style really makes me love him one minute and wonder what the heck the next and all of ABs CDs are representative of this. I played these tracks expecting to be floored like One Day Remains and Blackbird and instead ended up being shocked in how much different this is. I am all about guitar riffs..Shredding and Myles mindblowing shrieks but I didnt get that from this album. While songs like Into the Void, Know it hurts and Isolation hit like a ton of bricks in the face...The rest of the CD with a few exceptions doesnt really blow my mind..The ballads in Blackbird and One Day Remains were way better..Not one slow song on this CD touches you the way Watch Over you or Broken Wings does. I really dont know what to think..Part of me wants to love the album and the other part is like what happened here..Overall a good effort..I read some saying this is Marks best work since Human Clay..Meh..I am one of Marks biggest fans and while this CD technically is his best it doesnt have the same appeal that his other work has..I give this Album a 7.5 overall..It ranks third behind One Day Remains and Blackboard because honestly it doesnt have the great hooks and groove they had on other albums.

bilal 10-02-2010 01:37 AM

F***in leak.

F*** that.

I am waiting.

Chris98GT 10-02-2010 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremontiriffs77
I played these tracks expecting to be floored like One Day Remains and Blackbird and instead ended up being shocked in how much different this is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremontiriffs77
It ranks third behind One Day Remains and Blackboard because honestly it doesnt have the great hooks and groove they had on other albums.

Agreed. The first two are definitely more to my liking. But this is still a decent album. I'm sure more of it will grow on me too.

And I'm glad they decided to experiment a little bit. Nothing worse than a band that keeps churning out the same old crap every couple years. cough*disturbedgodsmack*cough

nagpo 10-02-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilal
F***in leak.

F*** that.

I am waiting.

Same here brother.

TheGreatDivide 10-02-2010 11:19 AM

I'm loving this album and I'm buying it the day it comes out. I want my bonus songs!! :)

maccamer 10-02-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatDivide
I'm loving this album and I'm buying it the day it comes out. I want my bonus songs!! :)

I am totally with you on this one. To all the people who are not giving this album at least a 9 out of 10, name a better album this year. (Same genre)

Better than anything else released this year. I am liking it equal to previous AB efforts, yet it has growth.

To the people who say there are no radio friendly tracks besides Wonderful life, I disagree. Life Must Go On and Ghosts of Days gone by could be on pop radio and rock radio. Isolation on hard rock radio along with Still Remains and I know it Hurts.

Great lyrics and amazing music! Every listen gets better. Same way with Blackbird!

RangerJim 10-02-2010 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccamer
I am totally with you on this one. To all the people who are not giving this album at least a 9 out of 10, name a better album this year. (Same genre)

I really am enjoying this album, it's chock full of different melodies and riffs. Either way there are 2 albums that could match this one for 2010. Creed's Full Circle and STP's selftitled album.

Quote:

I really am enjoying this album, it's chock full of different melodies and riffs. Either way there are 2 albums that could match this one for 2010. Creed's Full Circle and STP's selftitled album.

Quote:

Quote: