CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Help Alter Bridge reach nr. 10. We need your help! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11836)

Agent D 10-17-2007 08:25 PM

Re: Help Alter Bridge reach nr. 10. We need your help!

So where did the album debut? Did it reach the top ten?

Dogstar 10-17-2007 09:04 PM

I know. And I hate that :D.

Scorpion King 10-17-2007 10:39 PM

I believe that it was number eight or nine, somewhere around that area.

titan9 10-18-2007 12:27 AM

Only 47K records sold. How can such a brilliant album only sell 47K the first week when a poor album by Kid Rock sells 3 times that? Ridiculous.

Oh, BTW, it debuted at 13.

Dogstar 10-18-2007 02:33 AM

Wow, that is not good.

revisfoot 10-18-2007 12:33 PM

Geez. 47,000 copies huh. That sucks. Way to go, fans. Why didn't we all buy 10 copies apiece?

J-Man 10-18-2007 12:51 PM

If people didn't download it illegally, I would be willing to bet that number would have been higher.

Agent D 10-18-2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
Geez. 47,000 copies huh. That sucks. Way to go, fans. Why didn't we all buy 10 copies apiece?

Because we're not made of freakin' money, that's why.

titan9 10-18-2007 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Man
If people didn't download it illegally, I would be willing to bet that number would have been higher.

Possibly, but I think those that really enjoy this CD would have bought it, regardless. I downloaded it a full 2 weeks in advance and still bought it the very morning it came out.

Scorpion King 10-18-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
Because we're not made of freakin' money, that's why.

qft

caseycarson 10-22-2007 08:32 AM

Debuted at #13....between Jennifer Lopez and Eric Clapton......

creedmarine81 10-22-2007 05:23 PM

j-lo oh my god she sucks juevos.... damn i cant stand her she has no voice whatsoever.....................

RMadd 10-22-2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Only 47K records sold. How can such a brilliant album only sell 47K the first week when a poor album by Kid Rock sells 3 times that? Ridiculous.

Easy: Kid Rock is a douchebag. When it comes to music, the adoring masses purchase music consisting of supreme douchebaggery and idiocy in droves. If Alter Bridge wants to be a real, bonafide metal band, they shouldn't be concerned with going platinum or diamond or whatever. For example, Dream Theater's highest selling album, Images and Words, was released more than 15 years ago and has sold a mere 620,000 copies in the US, and only 2x platinum overall. Metal bands with crossover appeal, such as Metallica, are often accused of selling out of late. I'd rather AB put out solid albums than sell out.

Unforgiven Fan 10-24-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
Easy: Kid Rock is a douchebag. When it comes to music, the adoring masses purchase music consisting of supreme douchebaggery and idiocy in droves. If Alter Bridge wants to be a real, bonafide metal band, they shouldn't be concerned with going platinum or diamond or whatever. For example, Dream Theater's highest selling album, Images and Words, was released more than 15 years ago and has sold a mere 620,000 copies in the US, and only 2x platinum overall. Metal bands with crossover appeal, such as Metallica, are often accused of selling out of late. I'd rather AB put out solid albums than sell out.

here here!!!...alter bridge may not be metal but they can create a loyal following if they play their cards right.

RMadd 10-24-2007 07:57 PM

Most of the reviews I've been reading have been giving the album between a 7.5/10 to 9.5/10. Still awaiting reviews by Rolling Stone and All Music Guide, but 6 or 7 excellent reviews can't be a bad thing.

I'm also reminded of OK Go's sophomore album, Oh No. It was released in August '05, but album sales didn't really take off 'til "Here It Goes Again" hit the airwaves a year later. Granted, it's still only sold under 200,000 (according to Billboard, as of this past January), but just b/c an album doesn't sell terribly well in its first 2 weeks doesn't mean it's awful.