CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Da Vinci Code (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8514)

Steve 01-24-2005 01:06 AM

The Da Vinci Code

Anyone read or reading this novel? I just got it a few days ago and haven't been able to put it down. It's a great story - very interesting.

And you hear they are going to be making the novel into a movie, directed by Ron Howard and Tom Hanks playing the main character!?!

(don't post any spoilers - I'm not finished reading yet!)

revisfoot 01-24-2005 01:33 AM

Yes, it took me a total of 3 days to devour that book. Very interesting, indeed! I loved every page of it.

Yes, I can't wait for the movie!

revisfoot 01-24-2005 01:34 AM

I would like to see Franka Potente (Bourne Identity, Supremacy) to play Sophie. I know Franka's German, but I'm sure she could pull it off.

RMadd 01-24-2005 01:39 AM

is she the chick that plays Matt Damon's accomplice? if so, she's hot.

as for the book, i can't say i've read it yet. maybe this summer i will.

DekWannaBFlea 01-24-2005 02:55 AM

Haven't read about it, but i have seen a thing on the history channel about it. Very very interesting.

heinzel 01-24-2005 03:17 AM

I have read it, good book, especially every bit about our christians friends and their bible.

heinzel 01-24-2005 09:50 AM

Update, The actres of the famous french movie "Amelie" is going to play the role of Sophie.

scrit 01-24-2005 10:44 AM

I read the first book, angels and demons. I enjoyed that one alot, but I heard it was just like the davinci code. I'll probably read the da vinci code one day.

Mulletman 01-24-2005 11:46 AM

Ive been meaning to, but never got around to.

Torn Daredevil 01-24-2005 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
I would like to see Franka Potente (Bourne Identity, Supremacy) to play Sophie. I know Franka's German, but I'm sure she could pull it off.

The word is (still unconfirmed) that Audrey Tautou (Amelie) has been cast as Sophie. And it has been confirmed that Jean Reno (Ronin, Leon the Professional) has been cast as Bezu Fache.

I haven't read the book, but probably will eventually. Even though it's VERY FICTIONAL, it's supposedly a very good read and it obviously insanely popular.

Oh, and Steve, Drea De Matteo is a goddess. I love that avatar.

Higher_Desire 01-24-2005 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinzel
I have read it, good book, especially every bit about our christians friends and their bible.

What's that supposed to mean?

I haven't read it, but know people who have. I probably won't read it because I hate reading. I don't even read my textbooks for class. I'm more of a "watch the movie" kind of person.

Personally, I think the thought of DiVinci putting codes in his work is kind of dumb and I have a better chance of cracking the Creed mystery (HC coordinates, locations, picture meanings, that whole crest thing, etc)

H-D :pimp:

RMadd 01-24-2005 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
I don't even read my textbooks for class.

:hammerlol same here. i think i can get away w/ it, tho, b/c 4 of my classes this semester are PolySci courses, and our grades in those are based solely on tests, papers, and other larger projects.

RMadd 01-24-2005 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinzel

i haven't read the book, but i assume that's supposed to be an insult against us?

Steve 01-24-2005 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
I haven't read it, but know people who have. I probably won't read it because I hate reading. I don't even read my textbooks for class. I'm more of a "watch the movie" kind of person.

I'm not much of a reader myself. The only books I've ever really read were The Hobbit, LOTR 1, and Jurassic Park lol. But I started reading this one and haven't been able to put it down. It's a great novel.

Steve 01-24-2005 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
i haven't read the book, but i assume that's supposed to be an insult against us?

Without ruining anything, the Da Vinci Code (not the book but the theory) pretty much discredits Catholicism.