CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Proof that Christianity is the Way (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9572)

dario 08-29-2005 08:30 PM

Proof that Christianity is the Way

In my search for the truth I have hit a wall. If anyone can help me please do. Where can I find evidence for Christianity outside of the Bible? Someone please share with me that information without using biblical references. It would be greatly appreciated.

rabidgopher04 08-29-2005 08:51 PM

What do you mean by "evidence"? That it exists?

creedsister 08-29-2005 10:10 PM

i asume you are none bible believer its a hardbook to believe darlin its old and i guess thats why sweetie nothing applys to you i for one would love to lay out some scriptures for ya but you asked not for that, but i will say if ye have heart follow it a door has been placed before you knock and shall it open the first step of truth is looking inside because your living and breathing and seeking and finding so seek and ye shall find yourself

creedsister 08-29-2005 10:14 PM

:confused:
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidgopher04
What do you mean by "evidence"? That it exists?

dario asked if if there is any other passages to truth outside the bible Sug

Lunar Shadow 08-30-2005 06:07 AM

Keep seeking Dario you will find your path

HeavenBesideYou 08-30-2005 07:21 AM

Here's a good link dario...

I can get more in depth this evening, but I'm running out to work right now.

More later,

Heaven

:pimp:

dario 08-30-2005 08:36 AM

I would say I'm well versed when it comes to the bible, but what I'm looking for is proof outside of the bible. Other books that have archaeological evidence and things of that nature. This is what I am looking for.

uncertaindrumer 08-30-2005 11:05 AM

Archaeological evidence for... what? Christianity? Do you mean liek the writings of Early Christians in the 1st and 2nd centuries, or the catacombs, or what?

*is confused*

PJAmerica 08-30-2005 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dario
In my search for the truth I have hit a wall. If anyone can help me please do. Where can I find evidence for Christianity outside of the Bible? Someone please share with me that information without using biblical references. It would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.facingthechallenge.org/outside.htm

PJAmerica 08-30-2005 11:23 AM

http://www.probe.org/content/view/18/77/

dario 08-30-2005 12:00 PM

PJAmerica, your information is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

PJAmerica 08-30-2005 12:30 PM

Quote:

PJAmerica, your information is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Your welcome. There are many articles and studies on such a matter. Atleast your asking questions. The roots of all things are the validation one has for itself.

creedsister 08-30-2005 02:54 PM

:hugs: :peacelove :hugs:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarkist
Keep seeking Dario you will find your path

creedsister 08-30-2005 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou

More later,

Heaven

:) i know it hate when that happens Hev :crying: when i dont have time to get in more depth

HeavenBesideYou 08-30-2005 07:30 PM

Quote:

More later,

Heaven

If I was smart enough to include the link it would probably help, no?

:D

Oops...

Heaven

dario 08-30-2005 08:24 PM

Thank you to those who provided me information about Jesus outside of the bible. I've been trying to find information that I could use to prove that Jesus was real without using the bible. The past couple of days I have been at an Ex-Christian site debating with non-christians about different subjects pertaining to God. Many of the people in there were once Christians who left the faith for differing reasons. It's interesting to hear they're views on things and their reasons for leaving the faith. It hurts to read some of their testimonies concerning the faith, since some of them were abused or just grew up with hypocritical christians. Anyway, they are giving me "proof" into why there is no such thing as Jesus, so I thought I would find some proof of my own. Thanks for your help.

Lunar Shadow 08-31-2005 01:45 AM

And I will say Dario it has been an interesting thread to see the back and fourth of you and everyone else on that site.

dario 08-31-2005 03:37 PM

Well, I hope we can keep the interest up.

Lunar Shadow 08-31-2005 09:36 PM

I will let you know one thing Dario if there is anything they hate the most over there it is presupposition so do watch yourself, don't disregard anything anyone says over there (as the ice you are on will become thin rather quickly) many are well versed in the sciences and some have degrees in the field.

Just to give you a heads up.

creedsister 08-31-2005 10:23 PM

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :laugh: that was a good a tip darlin :) your ice is safe here ;) you lit ANARCHY MUTHA YOU :)

dario 09-01-2005 11:08 AM

Anarkist, I must say that I do appreciate you. I know that you don't agree with a lot of the things I agree with, but you definitely seem to help me out a lot. Unlike some of the people on the other forum, you're pretty nice to me. I just want to let you know that I appreciate it.

Lunar Shadow 09-01-2005 01:31 PM

I am just offering a helping hand because you are honestly searching and that is good weather or not your conclusion is the same as mine you would have come to your answer honestly. I will say though LISTEN to NEIL he knows his shit and he is one you don't want to split hairs with. :)

Sam Look 09-07-2005 09:29 PM

book

Theres a great book that convinced me called The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. It gave solid answers to every question I ever had. Furthermore, the one thought I have constantly is if Christ wasnt real, wouldnt he have been disproved?

Now, to answer if he is the way or only way...that I can not say and mostly have a hard time believing. There are too many other faiths and the picture is too big for me to believe there is only one right answer.

Lunar Shadow 09-08-2005 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Look
Theres a great book that convinced me called The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. It gave solid answers to every question I ever had. Furthermore, the one thought I have constantly is if Christ wasnt real, wouldnt he have been disproved?

Now, to answer if he is the way or only way...that I can not say and mostly have a hard time believing. There are too many other faiths and the picture is too big for me to believe there is only one right answer.

to counter that there is a movie called "The God Who Wasn't There"
here is the link click here
people have said
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNeil
If you're a Christian and can still walk away form that movie a believer, you're really trying hard to kid yourself. I dare all Christians who visit this forum to buy that movie.

my question to you Sam is:

Did you do any research to see is any one had debunked Lee Strobel? spacifically that book? because I am pretty sure it has been debunked I will look around to see if I can find a link for you.

--Jester

Sam Look 09-10-2005 02:54 PM

Anarkist, to be perfectly honest with you, I have no desire to see that movie. Its not because I am afraid of what it will show, its because its cut along the same lines as Super Size Me, Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 911. A lot of people seem to think everything in the world is fictitious and that people are cashing in on ideas, well the truth is, that every film maker that came up with those ideas is cashing in...as did Lee Strobel adn Mel Gibson in their movies and books.

I offered that book as a means for him to find answers without using the bible. As the years have gone by since I read that book I am on solid ground with my beliefs and don't need books or movies to deter my path. I have found that being happy in life is the most rewarding experience I can give myself. I am happy when I turn to Christ and I am happy with it because I look up to what he stood for. If he was real or fake...it doesnt matter. Truth be told, hes in my heart regardless and noone in this world would deter that. Not a movie, not a person, and certainly not hypocritical people who want to be miserable every day of their lives.

Lunar Shadow 09-10-2005 03:20 PM

so you are basically saying it doen't matter if you are right or wrong, you don't care because you are satified with your life?

I would just like to say though you make the judgemnt on the movie before you see it every thing in his moive is backed up by references lised on his website. So you should not just make that judegement based on previous documentrys made by other people

Sam Look 09-10-2005 10:37 PM

not exactly

What I am actually saying is I am happy with my life and with my beliefs. I searched for a long time for my beliefs and did not believe in Christ or God for years...and I used drugs to supplement the lonliness I felt.

Today I have a beautiful wife, a wonderful frame of mind, and I am happy. There is no need to continue searching. I found what I needed to find.

Sam Look 09-10-2005 10:39 PM

one more thing

I put the movie on my netflicks list. It wont deter my thoughts...but I guess thats because I know where my faith lies..

Lunar Shadow 09-11-2005 01:06 AM

Quote:

I put the movie on my netflicks list. It wont deter my thoughts...but I guess thats because I know where my faith lies..

for me the film I thought was rather thought provoking if nothing else and thats what I found so great about it (not to mention the great interviews with some great minds Price, Carrier, and so on).

If you feel you have found what you are looking for thats great for you I am happy for you I too am married and know what happiness that can bring. As far as if you didn't know Jesus you would be in to drugs I don't know if that is entirely accuate. I have been an Atheist for a little while now I feel no emptiness, no regret I actually have never felt more forfilled and happy than any other time in my life. so I respectfully disagree with you on that front.

Sam Look 09-11-2005 11:05 AM

Don't misunderstand. I didnt say without God or Christ I would be on drugs. I said at one point I was using them to supplement the lonliness I felt. My relationship with Christ at this point keeps me level headed enough to see my own errors when it comes to relationships I have and not be as selfish as I've always been. We can certainly agree to disagree...but since I am watching your movie, maybe you should read the book I suggested??

Lunar Shadow 09-11-2005 04:29 PM

Quote:

but since I am watching your movie, maybe you should read the book I suggested??

I have. my father is a prfossor of theology and has countless books on christianity that I have read including Stroble

Lunar Shadow 09-23-2005 06:14 AM

Quote:

hey Sam you may wanna check out a book called "Challenging the Verdict: A Cross-Examination of Lee Strobel's "The Case for Christ" by Earl Doherty

one thing you always wanna check before buying in to some one is seeing if that person has been debunked

PJAmerica 09-23-2005 03:02 PM

Quote:

Thank you to those who provided me information about Jesus outside of the bible. I've been trying to find information that I could use to prove that Jesus was real without using the bible. The past couple of days I have been at an Ex-Christian site debating with non-christians about different subjects pertaining to God. Many of the people in there were once Christians who left the faith for differing reasons. It's interesting to hear they're views on things and their reasons for leaving the faith. It hurts to read some of their testimonies concerning the faith, since some of them were abused or just grew up with hypocritical christians. Anyway, they are giving me "proof" into why there is no such thing as Jesus, so I thought I would find some proof of my own. Thanks for your help.

I am not a Christian myself but have a deep faith in God. I do not believe in the bible, I do not go to church, I do not support religion. I have nothing against anyone who does though but for me my personal path is faith in a being greater than myself that provides purpose. So long as we live life and do the best we can and stick to whatever our path of faith is we are all on the same journey. To debate is to deny one's self of true clarity.

PJAmerica 09-23-2005 03:07 PM

Quote:

I believe Christ existed. I believe he was a leader, much like Men of our time such as martin Luther King. He was a great man who saw things unlike many, he had prophets before him who walked the same path as well for the most part as far as leading people to a better way of life. However, I do not believe Christ to be anymore than a man of his times who was in tune with his people, his time and his God.

HeavenBesideYou 09-23-2005 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJAmerica
I believe Christ existed. I believe he was a leader, much like Men of our time such as martin Luther King. He was a great man who saw things unlike many, he had prophets before him who walked the same path as well for the most part as far as leading people to a better way of life. However, I do not believe Christ to be anymore than a man of his times who was in tune with his people, his time and his God.

You do realise Jesus was against all odds from the get go...

What a rebel!!!

PJ, If Jesus Christ rose from the dead, proving He is God, He is alive today.

He is willing to be more than worshipped. He is willing to be known and to come into our lives. Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door [of your heart] and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into him" (Revelation 3:20)...

My way is that of The Cross, I hope you enjoy it here and and I am open to any discussions you bring...

Peace and welcome to this forum,

Heaven

creedsister 09-23-2005 09:10 PM

Welcome Pj Sis Wants To You A Warm Welcome :D And Pull You Out A Chair

PJAmerica 09-24-2005 03:52 PM

Quote:

You do realise Jesus was against all odds from the get go...

What a rebel!!!

PJ, If Jesus Christ rose from the dead, proving He is God, He is alive today.

He is willing to be more than worshipped. He is willing to be known and to come into our lives. Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door [of your heart] and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into him" (Revelation 3:20)...

My way is that of The Cross, I hope you enjoy it here and and I am open to any discussions you bring...

Peace and welcome to this forum,

Heaven

I know where your coming from but it's not my personal view. Like I said. I don't think poorly of anyone who has a different view but then I don't debate or try to persuade anyone of my faith and path in life either. You won't find much disussion on what's the right way from me. Thanks for the welcome as well.

creedsister 09-26-2005 10:29 AM

Quote:

I am not a Christian myself but have a deep faith in God. I do not believe in the bible, I do not go to church, I do not support religion. I have nothing against anyone who does though but for me my personal path is faith in a being greater than myself that provides purpose. So long as we live life and do the best we can and stick to whatever our path of faith is we are all on the same journey. To debate is to deny one's self of true clarity.

i always found debating as perfect clartiy once you hold on to all that you believe and i dont blame you for not believing in the bible ..as far as the rest of christian socitey the holy bible was all they were given of God And Christ For Everyone indeed must work out thier own salvation path and my friend many would debate you and tell you that your a wrong for not believing in the bible even if i myself believe in it and back it 100 percent God Has Given us The spirt of love and a sound mine and his words that his words was not the author of confusion but of peace and Love And stregnth and sacrafice

SecretWeapon 10-16-2005 03:14 PM

Quote:

I Am the Way and the Truth and the Light , and no one
comes to the Father , except through Me . -Jesus

SecretWeapon 10-16-2005 03:36 PM

hey you guys check this out .

http://www.dayoffire.com/media.html#

go here and view the video ....