CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Wind Up (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=13380)

King Oropher 12-13-2010 08:01 PM

Wind Up

When will Creed be finished with them? Did they really have a 5 album deal? It seems like Stapp still likes them.

nagpo 12-14-2010 08:39 AM

Re: Wind Up

I'm pretty sure Wind-up owns the rights, similar to how AB went. Creed would be a fortune to buy back.

But, yeah. They should leave Wind-Up. They're a sinking ship, financially. As are most record labels but WU is worse off than most.

And I'm not sure if the guys truly care enough to buy it or continue on, really. Creed will probably just be their 'every five year thing just to keep the fans happy' kind of deal imo.

Did they have a 5 album deal? It's possible. And I'm sure Stapp still likes them, they still support him pretty well. Stapp is their golden boy. TGD went platinum and their was a gain in profit from the Creed tour. He's always been friends with the execs I think.

Buried And Gone 12-14-2010 09:25 PM

I think that Wind - Up is having some really bad financial trouble. They've mad some really bad decisions in artists they chose to push and artists they left for dead. I mean, Atomship and Sevenwiser are amazing. Why are People in Plains getting pushed more then both of them combined. A lot of wind ups big bands also take a long time inbetween records. Seether, Evanessence, 12 Stones and Finger eleven all haven't released Albums since 2007. So that is a long time without a significan't burst in cash flow.

I mean, Creed did HUGE for them. Then Creed broke up and Evanessence sold like 15 million records the year after. Seether released a Plainum album. Stapp released a Platinum album, 12 Stones and Alter Bridge released a gold album. Then after that Evanessences next album sold like 5 million copies, AB left, Seethers next album barely went gold, 12 Stones left, Finger eleven had some success.

So they went from having this HUGE amount of cash to having a much smaller cash flow. They don't have the money to promote and manufacture the albums for their three biggest bands that are looking to come out this year.

Chase 12-14-2010 09:44 PM

It became apparent that Wind-Up was a joke of a record label when it released a record by Bob Guiney, who was on "The Bachelorette" and "The Bachelor."

Buried And Gone 12-14-2010 09:54 PM

^^^ You don't know what you're talking about.

That album makes Human Clay sound like the Crosby family Christmas.

/sarcasm

TrulyAmazing 12-16-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
I'm pretty sure Wind-up owns the rights, similar to how AB went. Creed would be a fortune to buy back.

But, yeah. They should leave Wind-Up. They're a sinking ship, financially. As are most record labels but WU is worse off than most.

And I'm not sure if the guys truly care enough to buy it or continue on, really. Creed will probably just be their 'every five year thing just to keep the fans happy' kind of deal imo.

Did they have a 5 album deal? It's possible. And I'm sure Stapp still likes them, they still support him pretty well. Stapp is their golden boy. TGD went platinum and their was a gain in profit from the Creed tour. He's always been friends with the execs I think.

Its been one of my life visons for a certian time period to Re Open MoTown, for tribute Albums Mo Town Is Inside Us All, however Time Life Record Will Never Go Broke, :laugh: they still be some hanging there pretty good, Because Of Warner Brothers Records, .........:rockon: