CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Where do you rank Tremonti among the greats (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9501)

Tremontixriffs 08-08-2005 08:39 PM

Where do you rank Tremonti among the greats

I would say Mark would be in the top 25- 30 Alltime what do youguys think?

Salomander 08-08-2005 08:53 PM

maybe 50-100, his great at guitar but his not a legend yet.

Ana4Stapp 08-08-2005 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salomander
maybe 50-100, his great at guitar but his not a legend yet.

Yeah, you are probably right, but this guy has an huge potential to become one...

Hey you could start a thread about ranking the best guitarists of all time...who'd be the number one ?

uncertaindrumer 08-08-2005 09:52 PM

Nowhere near them. He doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as guys like Hendrix, Page, etc. I don't even think he's top 1000, and this is comign from a big Tremo fan.

Trimontana 08-09-2005 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
Nowhere near them. He doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as guys like Hendrix, Page, etc. I don't even think he's top 1000, and this is comign from a big Tremo fan.

I respect that and i think its a very personal opinion but you are being a bit unfare in here. Every single guitar player has a very own and diferent style when it comes to play guitar. I personally never like Hendrix or Slash but in the other hand i love Mark Nofler or Vai and noone has to agree with this. I think is not the time to rank Tremo now just enjoy his evolution. The guy fucking plays guitar everyday for 7 hours...how many people you know who dedicates such amount of time and passion. I love his passion on stage. There are so many guitar player that have lost that passion and they seem to play like its a school lesson they know. We could rank Tremo when he have done everything he could...i hope in a lot of years to come. I just dont get bother to rank him, i enjoy Tremo every single time i see play guitar.

uncertaindrumer 08-09-2005 05:54 PM

Mark is not a great songwriter, so you can't rank him up there based on that, and although he can shred, truth is he is not even great at that. Live, his solos can get pretty sloppy sometimes.

He is a VERY good guitarist, and probably the best modern mainstream guitarist. But there have been SO MANY great guitar players I jsut think its unfair to all of them to put Tremo up there with them.

Salomander 08-09-2005 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
Yeah, you are probably right, but this guy has an huge potential to become one...

Hey you could start a thread about ranking the best guitarists of all time...who'd be the number one ?

in my opinion, the number 1 guitarist of all time would be Randy Roads that guy is a true legend. Number 2 would be.... its hard to choose.

Dogstar 08-09-2005 09:45 PM

He's definitely a very good guitarist, but I don't think he'd crack the top 100 just yet.

uncertaindrumer 08-09-2005 11:33 PM

Well in all reality the best guitarists of all time are probably people we have never heard of... Some guy who worked 9-5 but played guitar in his basement at night probably was the greatest songwriter of all time and no one even knew ;)

Dogstar 08-10-2005 02:19 AM

LOL, that could be, but I'm just going by on the ones I have heard :D.

Ana4Stapp 08-10-2005 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer

Sorry man but lately its a little hard to recognize you like a real AB fan... :rolleyes:

Wylde-Tremonti 08-10-2005 02:44 PM

I would say he's in the top 100... but not close to #1... Someday... he might be in the top 25 ... but not yet

I would Say That Either Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Randy Rhoads, EVH, or Yngwie Malmsteen would be at the top of the list... but i can't pick one

uncertaindrumer 08-10-2005 03:40 PM

Oh boy... I couldn't put Yngvie at the top. He can shred like nobody's business, but still.

Tremontixriffs 08-10-2005 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti
I would say he's in the top 100... but not close to #1... Someday... he might be in the top 25 ... but not yet

I would Say That Either Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, John Petrucci, Randy Rhoads, EVH, or Yngwie Malmsteen would be at the top of the list... but i can't pick one

I would agree with you maybe I had him up a little too far but I still love listening to him shred the hell out of his guitar. I think he just has a different style than most alt rock guitarist, he may not be the best at soloing yet , but the solo on open your eyes was...unbelievable, in my opinion. I really never heard him play the way he does on ODR. I must say that even in my own prison I knew this guy was special...As far as the future, this guy may very well move up the list in the next couple of years, I cant wait for the folow up to ODR , he'll probably do some pretty crazy stuff on there.

Ana4Stapp 08-10-2005 08:45 PM

At the top of the list I put Hendrix without any doubt, guys ;)