CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   ***Overcome - Download Links Inside!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12501)

AB = Rock Gods 08-07-2009 12:55 AM

***Overcome - Download Links Inside!!!

Here it is. ABB net went down just after I got the file guys. You need Quicktime to play it. It is very muffled, but u can really here the style of the song. It is fresh, sounds like a song for spiderman etc. It's pretty good.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e4yyizyjruy

Dark_Knight 08-07-2009 12:56 AM

Re: ***Overcome - Download Links Inside!!!

I posted it in the tour reviews thread lol ah well. Here's the MP3 of it as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kmz1kremyzo

TheGreatDivide 08-07-2009 01:01 AM

mediafire don't work for me is there another hosting site

Tremontiriffs77 08-07-2009 01:05 AM

Pretty kick ass song if you asked me...I like it..Sounds like this album is really going to rock...Way to go Dark Knight!!

Dark_Knight 08-07-2009 01:07 AM

Thanks goes to Eric from ABB.net for recording it.

Tremontiriffs77 08-07-2009 01:07 AM

I especially loved howe one of the clearest parts is on Marks solo....Absolutely sick!!

WHATSTHISLIFE4 08-07-2009 01:08 AM

These recordings of the new song sound like shit.

Dark_Knight 08-07-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHATSTHISLIFE4
These recordings of the new song sound like shit.

He recorded it on a phone...it'll have to do for now.

emissarygtrist 08-07-2009 01:12 AM

I can't make anything out of it!!!!!!!!!!!! But thanks anyways for posting what you could!!!! :rolleyes:

CreedShinedown 08-07-2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emissarygtrist
I can't make anything out of it!!!!!!!!!!!! But thanks anyways for posting what you could!!!! :rolleyes:

yea same here thanks for your hard work finding this and all. But i know it a crappy sound from the phone but , from the song and lyrics i made out i was disapointed and it wasnt that good of a song i was hoping it would be something just perfect and kick butt, not all fast riffy and that hard. This song may really hurt them, they should have picked another song for the single, kind of simlar of the other albums singles first, then go with something like this song later..

Dark_Knight 08-07-2009 01:17 AM

Yeah...another guy I know over at ABB.net recorded it too so hopefully it's better quality.

Dark_Knight 08-07-2009 01:19 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLkwJwaK2-g

TheGreatDivide 08-07-2009 01:20 AM

Just got it to work and I think this song and album are going to blow alot of people away. I could make bits and pieces but over all I like what I could hear.

separate note -

Screw it I give up. you win dark knight when it comes to posting new stuff. :)

Tremontiriffs77 08-07-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreedShinedown
yea same here thanks for your hard work finding this and all. But i know it a crappy sound from the phone but , from the song and lyrics i made out i was disapointed and it wasnt that good of a song i was hoping it would be something just perfect and kick butt, not all fast riffy and that hard.

Oh my God..It was a reocording on a phone...Obviously you arent a huge metal fan but I feel like th esong is catchy from what I was able to hear...I think it will get lots of radio play once released...If you ask me its about time the real creed stood up...Time to rick boys...Cant wait to see them the 20th..i hope by then they will play a few more newer songs..No pffense...Marks all about the riffs and if you aske me hes finally not held back anymore...I love it..yeah video sounds like shit but its a teaser in a way..Well prbably have much more HQ up on youtube tommorow with all the people with camera phones nowadays..lol...

emissarygtrist 08-07-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
Yeah...another guy I know over at ABB.net recorded it too so hopefully it's better quality.

Maybe so... from what I could make of it, it sounds nothing like what I was expecting. I kinda had the "My Sacrifice" "Higher" and even Stapp's "The Great Divide" Big epic kinda sound invisioned in my head, but from what I can tell the single sounds nothing like that. Maybe a better version might change my opinion

WHATSTHISLIFE4 08-07-2009 01:26 AM

I'm just wondering. Is Overcome the only new song that they performed?

CreedShinedown 08-07-2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremontiriffs77
Oh my God..It was a reocording on a phone...Obviously you arent a huge metal fan but I feel like th esong is catchy from what I was able to hear...I think it will get lots of radio play once released...If you ask me its about time the real creed stood up...Time to rick boys...Cant wait to see them the 20th..i hope by then they will play a few more newer songs..No pffense...Marks all about the riffs and if you aske me hes finally not held back anymore...I love it..yeah video sounds like shit but its a teaser in a way..Well prbably have much more HQ up on youtube tommorow with all the people with camera phones nowadays..lol...

yes i know tremonti i follow him im in a band and use his PRS tremonti model... i have also delt with record labels.. i have a ear for music and from what i can tell its not that good of a song, what i mean was they should have picked a new simular song like from their other albums singles first.. then come out with this one later... i mean thats a fact i think its reall going to hurt them but hopfully im wrong, we will see.

Dark_Knight 08-07-2009 01:28 AM

It's definitely growing on me...

CreedShinedown 08-07-2009 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emissarygtrist
Maybe so... from what I could make of it, it sounds nothing like what I was expecting. I kinda had the "My Sacrifice" "Higher" and even Stapp's "The Great Divide" Big epic kinda sound invisioned in my head, but from what I can tell the single sounds nothing like that. Maybe a better version might change my opinion

RIGHT ON this is what i have been trying to say!!! Your so right in what you said i feel the same way!!!! my sacrifice type higher type song i think this song is really going to hurt their album sales they should have waited on this song.

emissarygtrist 08-07-2009 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreedShinedown
RIGHT ON this is what i have been trying to say!!! Your so right in what you said i feel the same way!!!! my sacrifice type higher type song i think this song is really going to hurt their album sales they should have waited on this song.

I hope it doesn't hurt the sales but it seems highly likely to me... The song doesn't seem to be the type that would easily cross over into mainstream radio and reach a broader audience. It might do well on the RocK Charts but I'm not so sure about the Billboard Top 100. I'm interested to see what a clean version on the song is going to sound like and even more so what the entire album will sound like. Stapp's song "Pray for Sunrise" that he played overseas for the troops gripped me a lot more than "Overcome" has. I still have "When there's nothing left to do, I pray for sunrise. The light will be here soon. I just pray for sunrise." Stuck in my head! I wish that song would make Full Circle.

Dark_Knight 08-07-2009 01:56 AM

MUCH BETTER VERSION:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TgRBTGeVW8

Torn Daredevil 08-07-2009 01:57 AM

From the few seconds I heard, it sounds more like ODR than anything else. Interesting.

FallenHero96 08-07-2009 02:02 AM

What If:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7RXHaWRCVc

Alrock 08-07-2009 02:03 AM

sound quality is shocking! hope the vh1 stuff will be very good

Torn Daredevil 08-07-2009 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenHero96

I still can't believe this is actually happening. The 16 year old in me is just ecstatic right now.

Got My Back? 08-07-2009 02:07 AM

Wow. You really can't hear the song good on any of those at all.

I was there, and it sounded pretty good live. I think you will all like it better when you hear it for real. There are a lot of frequencies that are coming across on the recordings that make it sound different than it really is.

It sounded a bit bluesy in parts. It was different for them I think, but the recording of it I just heard made it sound like Nine Inch Nails or something, and I don't think it sounded like that at all in reality.

Dark_Knight 08-07-2009 02:08 AM

Well it looks like they're detuning the songs now...from what I can tell "What If" is tuned to Drop C now lol

Got My Back? 08-07-2009 02:09 AM

WHATSTHISLIFE4,
Yes, it was the only new song they played. Full Circle was written on the set list, but they crossed it out.

Dark_Knight 08-07-2009 02:12 AM

Scratch that it's tuned a half a step down.

Torn Daredevil 08-07-2009 02:14 AM

Best version available yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TgRBTGeVW8

I only listened to a few seconds because I don't want to spoil it, but it's definitely a new sound for them.

WHATSTHISLIFE4 08-07-2009 02:17 AM

Thanks for the link Dark Knight. It's a much better version. But to be honest I am a little disappointed. Are you telling me that this is the song that we've been dieing to hear. I do not like it. For this to be the single that's going to push the new record, I don't think it's the right song. They really messed up on this one. I don't think that this song should have even made the final cut. This song reminds me of Signs and Freedom Fighter but on a scale below that. Smh
Though, It's not their fault, music in general is just not what it used to be. So I think I might be burning this record oppose to buying it.

Torn Daredevil 08-07-2009 02:17 AM

I gave in and listened to some more. It has a groove that I've never heard from them before. The audio quality is still kind of lame and Stapp's vocals aren't great, but a studio version might be awesome.

FallenHero96 08-07-2009 02:19 AM

It's pretty sweet how MT walked out into the middle of the fans to do the little solo thing in What If. I wonder if he busted out the extended With Arms Wide Open solo this time.

Got My Back? 08-07-2009 02:20 AM

Now that sounds like what I heard at the show!

Brettley916 08-07-2009 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got My Back?
WHATSTHISLIFE4,
Yes, it was the only new song they played. Full Circle was written on the set list, but they crossed it out.

Do you happen have this setlist that you can share with us? I know we're all dying to know what they've got lined up.

Dark_Knight 08-07-2009 02:22 AM

I'm really diggin' Overcome now...I also love ERock's backup vocal, the whole song is very catchy!

Got My Back? 08-07-2009 02:24 AM

Straight from the sheet!

Ode
Bullets
My Own Prison
Say I
Torn
Full Circle (Crossed Out)
Never Die
What If
Unforgiven
What's this Life For
Overcome
R U Ready (I somehow don't remember them playing this - maybe skipped?)
Faceless Man
Arms Wide Open
Higher
-----------------------
One
One Last Breath
Sacrifice

Torn Daredevil 08-07-2009 02:26 AM

Quote:

Straight from the sheet!

Ode
Bullets
My Own Prison
Say I
Torn
Never Die
What If
Unforgiven
What's this Life For
Overcome
Faceless Man
Arms Wide Open
Higher
-----------------------
One
One Last Breath
Sacrifice

16 songs? That's fewer than the Weathered tour.

More importantly, someone needs to beg them to play Is This The End. PLEASE?!?!?!

Dark_Knight 08-07-2009 02:26 AM

Quote:

Straight from the sheet!

Ode
Bullets
My Own Prison
Say I
Torn
Never Die
What If
Unforgiven
What's this Life For
Overcome
Faceless Man
Arms Wide Open
Higher
-----------------------
One
One Last Breath
Sacrifice

Thanks!

Brettley916 08-07-2009 02:29 AM

Quote:

Straight from the sheet!

Ode
Bullets
My Own Prison
Say I
Torn
Never Die
What If
Unforgiven
What's this Life For
Overcome
Faceless Man
Arms Wide Open
Higher
-----------------------
One
One Last Breath
Sacrifice

So 17 songs without Full Circle. Do you recall any songs not on the list. I've seen in multiple places that the setlist would be 23 songs and I've seen a few places mention them playing Young Grow Old.

Personaly, and I know we all have our fave's, I'd love to hear To Whom It May Concern or Inside Us All