CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed Press Release (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6767)

Shadow 06-04-2004 08:39 AM

Creed Press Release

Just received this email:

Dear Creed Fans,

The following information will be released to the news media later today, but we wanted you to hear it first:

SCOTT STAPP AND MARK TREMONTI READY NEW MATERIAL FOR FIRST POST-CREED RELEASES

One of the most successful songwriting partnerships and groups in the history of the music business disbands after nearly a decade together.

June 4th -- After nearly a decade together, Creed has decided to disband. During their 8 years and 3 albums together (My Own Prison, Human Clay, Weathered) Creed achieved countless Rock & Roll milestones and sold over 30 million albums worldwide. With their unprecedented success at radio and their captivating live shows, Creed became one of the most successful acts to rule the charts over the past ten years.

Creed songwriter/ guitarist Mark Tremonti has decided to join forces with Creed drummer Scott Phillips, original Creed bassist Brian Marshall and former Mayfield Four singer/ songwriter Myles Kennedy. The new band, named Alter Bridge , will release their debut album on Wind-up Records on August 10th of this year. Expect a promotional acoustic tour of radio stations later this Summer, followed by a worldwide tour to begin in late August or early September.

Creed songwriter / singer Scott Stapp has been busy in the studio writing and recording over the past several months. His first post-Creed recording will be featured on an album coming on August 31st via Wind-up Records that will pool together superstar talent, as they individually offer compositions inspired by the film The Passion of the Christ. Simultaneously to tracking his contributions to the Passion title, Stapp will continue to work with producer 7 Aurelius, and has joined forces with Canadian rockers The Tea Party to work on his solo debut.

On the dissolution of Creed, Tremonti commented, “It’s kind of sad to end a chapter of your life, but it’s also exciting to be starting a new one. We’ll always be proud of the music we made with Creed, but Alter Bridge gives me the opportunity to start over with a different perspective and a more evolved direction. This band begins and ends with the love of the music.” Phillips continues, “Creed was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience, but I’m really excited to be starting over as well. The most significant things that we are taking from the Creed experience are the lessons that we learned. We truly believe that the decisions we’ve made for our future are the right ones. After writing and rehearsing the new material, we are confident that we’ve made the right choices.”

Stapp shared, “Creed was one of the most amazing journeys through music and friendship I am blessed to say I was a part of. I made memories I can never replace! I just want to thank the fans who supported us and became a part of the Creed experience. We could not have accomplished anything without you!(fans).”

Also in 2004, Wind-up Records will be releasing a Creed Greatest Hits compilation. Details will be made available as plans for the album take shape.

crest tattoo 06-04-2004 09:10 AM

I got it too. :( I guess it's official now, and it doesn't look to be "solo work" anymore either. :crying:

heinzel 06-04-2004 09:25 AM

man that sucks, creed wont come back. but the nice thing is that we are going to get three albums. altered bridge, stapp solo and the greatest hits with, i hope some new songs.

and when altered bridge is going on tour i hope they come to amsterdam.

greets Hein from Holland.
and in dutch that is, de mazzel.

aussiecreeder 06-04-2004 09:48 AM

umm a few things from these articles apart from the obvious which reallys sucks! :(

Downshifter involving member of Slipknot?
Scott working with The Tea Party? (that is very good news they are one of the few good Canadian rock bands). Wonder if they will be writing any music for Scott?
I hope this compilation is not merely a greatest hits package because if it is I may not buy it.

Kim V. 06-04-2004 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crest tattoo
I got it too. :( I guess it's official now, and it doesn't look to be "solo work" anymore either. :crying:

Well at least we have the official word we've been waiting for all these months.....but it doesn't make it any easier; I feel like I'm in mourning. :( I do feel blessed that hubby and I got to see their very last show as a group, in Philly. I agree with what others said in another thread - let's not side with anyone in particular, but be supportive of all their ventures. At least we can still hear Tremonti's guitar genius, Flip's rockin' drum beat, and Stapp's amazing lyrics and voice, just not together! Rock on, guys, and God Bless all the guys....they gave us so much great music and alot of cool memories, and we've all made good friends here on the bb because of Creed!

Dogstar 06-04-2004 11:16 AM

Exactly, Kim V. I'm grateful to have been at the final show as well and for the opportunity to have attended four shows. They put on one hell of a concert, that's for sure.

Hide, I don't know much about Tea Party. What are they like?

Shadow 06-04-2004 11:24 AM

I guess this means we won't be getting our calendars

aussiecreeder 06-04-2004 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Exactly, Kim V. I'm grateful to have been at the final show as well and for the opportunity to have attended four shows. They put on one hell of a concert, that's for sure.

Hide, I don't know much about Tea Party. What are they like?

they are basically a straight-up rock band similar in vein to Creed I guess but a little bit different at the same time. I wasen't aware of Scott's friendship with them but they are a solid band and its a wise move IMHO. I guess they will be writing some of the music with Scott?

TeriB19 06-04-2004 12:57 PM

I never had my hopes up in the first place Robyn. I never even got the first one that was messed up.

JulieCitySlicker 06-04-2004 02:31 PM

Not really a surprise for me, I was expecting this to come out eventually ;)

Now the rumors can quit flying :)

The Lithium 06-04-2004 02:41 PM

"Even if you loved us or hated us... Remeber us!" -- Scott Phillips of Creed

Torn Daredevil 06-04-2004 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM
"Even if you loved us or hated us... Remeber us!" -- Scott Phillips of Creed

Remeber us? What the hell is that?

Unforgiven Fan 06-04-2004 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellboy
Remeber us? What the hell is that?

they want people to remember the impact of what Creed did...no matter if you like them or not...

PS>>>> I BLAME THE BREAK-UP (RIGHTFULLY SO) BECUASE OF STAPP :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

The Lithium 06-04-2004 03:30 PM

Ask Flip, he said it to MTV.

SCOTTSMYMAN 06-04-2004 03:35 PM

I guess this marks the end of the era we know as Creed. I was not surprised by the press release just relieved. I was glad they finally came out with the truth!

With that let me take this moment to Thank them for all they have given me and for all the beautiful people I have met because of them. I will always remember!! :hugs: