CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Evanescence News - Guitarist Leaves Officially! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4923)

benkenobi 11-16-2003 07:07 PM

Just watching the American Music Awards red carpet thing, and their first interview was with Amy. The guy said something about a recent band change and the guitarist (Ben Moody) leaving for good. Amy just kind of shrugged it off and said the band will continue and will start the writing process for the next album!

benkenobi 11-16-2003 07:09 PM

So we first thought he just went home for some reason of his own, but it seems he's gone for good.

Creed_Defaultgirl 11-16-2003 08:42 PM

Hmmmm...........I wonder why?

Marty 11-16-2003 08:46 PM

Yeah me too, why?
________
Katinna live

benkenobi 11-16-2003 09:18 PM

Amy really didn't go into it with her standing right there with her boyfriend, that guy from Seether. Anyways, I'm watching the AMAs right now, and Evanescence is supposed to be up to perform pretty soon tonight.

benkenobi 11-16-2003 09:31 PM

Ok, they just performed "Going Under" and the new lead guitar guy did the solo just fine with his own flare. I think they'll survive. ;)

facelessman 11-16-2003 09:33 PM

well sucks for them...im sure they can replace him.

zin 11-17-2003 08:59 AM

It won't be the same...but it will...ya know?

Ben was/is awesome

Marty 11-17-2003 09:02 AM

When they were on Hard Rock Live, they(him) looked fine. Although I wasn't impressed by Amy dragging him across the stage by the neck of his guitar, but I'm sure he can afford another guitar if it broke.
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZER

marlsy 11-17-2003 11:16 AM

I really like Evanescense, but she sounded really bad last night on the AMA's, I was really shocked at how bad she sounded. She was flat the whole time and couldn't keep a note!! I was going to go see them and now i'm glad i'm not!! Maybe just a bad night??

Julbright 11-17-2003 11:57 AM

CREED DEFAULT GIRL _ I LOVE your avitar! where is that picture from ??? I think it has become one of my top 3 favorites of Scottie!

I wasn't all that impressed with their performance last night - either.

Were any of the boys at the AMA's? I missed the red carpet thingy

zin 11-17-2003 06:01 PM

They've been on tour pretty much non stop since the cd came out...her voice probably needs more than a couple days rest

RMadd 11-17-2003 07:45 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-marlsy+11-17-2003 10:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (marlsy @ 11-17-2003 10:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I really like Evanescense, but she sounded really bad last night on the AMA's, I was really shocked at how bad she sounded. She was flat the whole time and couldn't keep a note!! I was going to go see them and now i'm glad i'm not!! Maybe just a bad night?? [/b][/quote]
Yeah, I've noticed before (didn't watch the AMA's) that she seems flat (and a bad flat, unlike Brett Scallions). Never planning on seeing them in concert after hearing Amy.

Alter Shredder 11-17-2003 10:35 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-zin+11-17-2003 06:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (zin @ 11-17-2003 06:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> They've been on tour pretty much non stop since the cd came out...her voice probably needs more than a couple days rest [/b][/quote]
Yep. You hit the nail on the head. Remember folks stapp had problems towards the end of the weathered tour. Thats why he was talking steroids that made his jaw look huge and why tremo and flip had solos like every song.

Another thing you have to look at is the fact that Moody wrote most of the songs. He just had Amy sing.

The other guitarist may be decent but I still feel that Moody is one of the best out there and would not be surprised to see him sometime soon in a new band.

Said Eyes 11-18-2003 06:04 AM

Guitar wise Evanescence aren't really ground breaking and as such Moody doesn't seem like that much of a loss. The better songs of the CD were the piano ones anyway. If Moody wrote the piano pieces too, then they're in trouble. I'm sure they'll come out with a another decent record soon enough with or without their guitarist.

I've heard similar things about Amy as you guys. Her voice is in really bad shape at the moment, and I wonder how much of the record was her and how much was filters and technology. She better rest up before January, as I was looking forward to seeing them.