CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Misunderstood Creed Lyrics Of Our Own (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6261)

farmgirl 05-04-2004 02:13 PM

No..its "Unlike those who..." (not folks)

and

its "Above all the others..." (not Uh, but all)

GeeK_2004 05-04-2004 02:27 PM

oohh.....I see....

Mr. Prophet Man 05-04-2004 06:08 PM

Here are some of my misinterpretations... maybe not as funny as the others but oh well. In OLB i used to sing "something in between" instead of "something in His grace".. in What If I used to say "the more you hold us down, the more we question", and this one is a classic... i used to think that in MOP Scott sings "So I Held my head up high" and not mark, i thought mark does "and i said ohhh...."

ibleedpurple 05-06-2004 02:41 AM

The funny thing is, when I mess up the lyrics and then learn the right ones later, I oftentimes can't even remember the old wrong ones. I know I messed the hell out of Higher when I first heard it, and there were just a ton of other lyrics on Human Clay that I never quite understood till I read the book... lol

Shadow 05-17-2004 09:07 PM

I finally remembered one. Not as funny as some of the others. It was years ago when MOP first came out.

Instead of "A court is in session"

I used to sing "Quarters in session"

Creed_Defaultgirl 05-18-2004 10:52 PM

I thought of another.....in Only in America
I said "the choir risks singing, as the leader falls to the ground"
but it's really "the choir is singing..." Not really funny but oh well.

shiver 05-19-2004 01:43 AM

I used to think in Higher he was singing " to a place with golden streams." It made sense to me at first. But then I read the book. Then it made even more sense. AHHH!

Mr. Prophet Man 06-10-2004 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Instead of "A court is in session"

I used to sing "Quarters in session"

lol good one, As for me i used to sing "shackled by MY SINS AND expecting no return" i know its not funny but its still wrong

Mr. Prophet Man 06-10-2004 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiver
I used to think in Higher he was singing " to a place with golden streams." !

me too

DangerousDan85 06-19-2004 12:05 PM

I think my friend used to say "golden streams", lol. I remember reading a tab online for "Higher" and the dude posted lyrics, but half the lyrics were wrong. My friend and I cracked up reading some of them.

this one isn't funny but in "Are You Ready" instead of "are you ready? for US to come", i thought it was "are you ready? for WHAT'S to come".

I remember in "Wrong" he says "What makes you stop and smell the roses in an open field", after "roses" I could never figure out what he said.

also in "Freedom Fighter" i had trouble understanding "while at the gates of paradise, they beat us down some more"

I just noticed another one from "Freedom Fighter" while going through my tab book, "I'll scream it from the mountain tops, PRIDE comes before a fall", i used to think he said "that"

(Edit), just found another. In "Unforgiven" I thought it was "no more raping innocence", but it actually is "no more raging innocence". I remembered one of them sounding like "raging", but the rest I thought were "raping".

TeriB19 06-19-2004 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDan85

this one isn't funny but in "Are You Ready" instead of "are you ready? for US to come", i thought it was "are you ready? for WHAT'S to come".

It's "for what's to come" isn't it?

Shadow 06-20-2004 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19

It thought it was Teri. That's what it sounds like Scott is singing.

TeriB19 06-20-2004 09:41 PM

Me too Robyn. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong ("unlike folks who hide the truth I tell it like it is.) :D

Shadow 06-20-2004 10:38 PM

Quote:

Me too Robyn. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong ("unlike folks who hide the truth I tell it like it is.) :D

LMAO Teri!

DangerousDan85 06-21-2004 12:56 AM

Quote:

my Human Clay tab book shows it as "us"

you never know though because they said it was "raging innocence" in Unforgiven, but on my HOB 98 bootleg Stapp clearly says "raping innocence"