CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Interesting article about state of Christianity. (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3417)

Lechium 06-14-2003 10:09 PM

Interesting article about state of Christianity.

http://www.gospelcom.net/apologeticsindex/...s/00001524.html

Here are some a quotes from it:
<i>
-- The number of Germany's Protestants, once a majority of the population, has shrunk from 47 million to 23 million in the last 50 years, and of those only about 3 percent attend Sunday services regularly.

-- In France, which has a population of 60 million, there are only 25,000 Roman Catholic priests left. Their average age is 68. Some look after 30 ore more parishes. Laymen are in charge of most church functions, such as Christian funerals.

-- Anglicans are have become a minority in England.

-- Spain, once the most stalwart Catholic country in Europe, has turned into one of the most secularized in less than a generation. Curiously, more and more Spanish women, whose nation had been ruled by Muslims for centuries, are now converting to Islam.

"The average German family has 1.2 children," said Beyerhaus, "but the average Muslim family here has 3.8."
</i>

All in all -- Christianity is dying off. Slowly but surely. And id being overrun by more young/aggressibe Islam.

Actually I'd rather see Christianity as a dominant religion, not Islam, but nothign I can do about it lol

P.S. Hey if it was up to me Bhuddism would be fastest growing religion =)

Bridge of Clay 06-14-2003 11:55 PM

so???

in South America, catholicism is decreasing and protestants and pentecostals (sp?) are increasing really fast. Muslims are stable, except on the Triple Border (Almost like the 4 corners in USA, but itīs 3: Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay). There are lot of muslims there. Bin Laden was there back in 1995 to "preach". :( :yikes:

In Africa, Protestantism is also growing fast.

Thatīs not a matter of faith, Lechium. Itīs contemporary life. The more prosperous the person is, the more he/she stays away from churches, they donīt feel the need for it.

Lechium 06-15-2003 12:12 AM

It's not a matter of faith.
It's a matter of marketing.

Bridge of Clay 06-15-2003 12:27 AM

hmmm... I know tatics of mkt that are better than exploding buildings...

Lechium 06-15-2003 12:30 AM

You know KKK are very very serious Christians.
There are messed up people in all religions.

Also America is disliked around the world. Many people respect Osama and Co for what they did.

Northerner 06-15-2003 11:40 AM

What is your point Lech.?

We know that the demonic religions will prosper in the end days. It predicts this in the bible. All this "evidence" means is that the end is near....

JenRN 06-15-2003 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lechium
You know KKK are very very serious Christians.
There are messed up people in all religions.

Also America is disliked around the world. Many people respect Osama and Co for what they did.

There are extemists in EVERY THING!!! You can't take things out of context and try to throw them in people's face's? You know I am to the point I really don't give a flying shit what people think of America, it is a matter of jealousy simple as that! If our country sucks so bad why the hell are people flocking to it by the thousands EVERYDAY??????? People in other nations "wish" they had what we have here, I myself feel damn lucky to be a woman born and raised in this awesome country!

Lechium 06-15-2003 01:39 PM

2JenRN: chill, please.
Tings I said above are FACTS, so calm down, please.

Lechium 06-15-2003 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Northerner
<b>What is your point Lech.?

We know that the demonic religions will prosper in the end days. It predicts this in the bible. All this "evidence" means is that the end is near.... </b>

It's not a demonic religion. They belive in same God as you lol

JulieCitySlicker 06-15-2003 03:44 PM

You always have to find something to bash christianity don't you:rolleyes:

Lechium 06-15-2003 04:03 PM

Where the hell am I bashing Christianity?
But dissagreeing that Islam is a demonic religion?
Or by giving you the fact that Christianity is on decline?

JenRN 06-15-2003 06:04 PM

Quote:

2JenRN: chill, please.
Tings I said above are FACTS, so calm down, please.

LOL If you think I am fired up you obviously don't know me too well!:rolleyes:

Lechium 06-15-2003 06:21 PM

I want you to chill now so you dont get fired up later.
Cuz when you're fired up it's pretty obnoxious, annoying and loud lol

JenRN 06-15-2003 06:25 PM

Quote:

I want you to chill now so you dont get fired up later.
Cuz when you're fired up it's pretty obnoxious, annoying and loud lol

Your such a idiot, you think I am obnoxious:lol: You just have a problem with me because I hold my own too damn good for you in an argument! You are not used to a woman verbally having you by the BALLS!!!!!!:lolsign: ;)

Bridge of Clay 06-15-2003 06:34 PM

I should shut my mouth on this thread...

Lechium 06-15-2003 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JenRN
Your such a idiot, you think I am obnoxious:lol: You just have a problem with me because I hold my own too damn good for you in an argument! You are not used to a woman verbally having you by the BALLS!!!!!!:lolsign: ;)

Actually you're just being very stubborn and unreasonable, when you "fire up".
And it has nothign to do with you being a woman.

StrubesGuitar 06-15-2003 08:25 PM

Lech, u only gave 4 countries as an example. That is no where near enough evidence to back up your idea. If u did take any kind of philosophy/rhetoric/logic class, u must have missed that part. There are a couple hundred countries in the world and what u gave as an example is only a small decimated percentage. And if the KKK labels themselves as Christians, they have not followed the biblical teachings. They mercilessly murder innocent african-americans and other hated ethnic groups. We are told to love our neighbor and not to kill (unless it's a war situation). They have no right to call themselves Christians. They DO NOT worship the same God i and almost everyone else here does. I have read about their ritualistic "worship" ceremonies and they sound exactly like satanic rituals. There is a very LARGE CANYON between christianity and the KKK. I'll be prayin for ya.

Lechium 06-15-2003 08:55 PM

4 in that article.
Phillippines, traditionally Catholic, has very fast growing Muslim population.
What matter is not how many countries, but that these are countries that have Christian past, not Muslim.

P.S. "sound exactly like satanic rituals" so now you're an expert on Satanism too?

JulieCitySlicker 06-15-2003 11:10 PM

Quote:

<b>Actually you're just being very stubborn and unreasonable, when you "fire up".
And it has nothign to do with you being a woman. </b>

Well, how about a taste of your own medicine;) You tend to be stubborn and unreasonable yourself:rolleyes:

mel!ssa 06-16-2003 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by StrubesGuitar
If the KKK labels themselves as Christians, they have not followed the biblical teachings. They mercilessly murder innocent african-americans and other hated ethnic groups. We are told to love our neighbor and not to kill (unless it's a war situation). They have no right to call themselves Christians.

So it's okay to kill people as long as it's in a war situation? But in every other situation it's wrong. Righhhhttt.... :rolleyes:

Northerner 06-16-2003 09:53 AM

Lech:

Any religion without Christ at it's head is Demonic. It is used by the Devil to lead people away from the truth.

Lechium 06-16-2003 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by StrubesGuitar
There is a very LARGE CANYON between christianity and the KKK.

Nope there's a ver deep canyon between YOUR version of Christianity and THEIR'S. There's no one right way. Different people see things differently.

Lechium 06-16-2003 03:53 PM

Quote:

Lech:

Any religion without Christ at it's head is Demonic. It is used by the Devil to lead people away from the truth.

Allah is same God as the Biblical one.
Islam recognizes Jesus as a prophet.
They dissagree on his importance, but you guys are worhshipping the same god, like it or not.

Northerner 06-16-2003 04:05 PM

Without Christ at its head! Thats what i said. Recognizing him as a prophet does not count. Worshipping 'Allah' and ignoring Jesus similarly is not keeping Christ at its centre.

Lechium 06-16-2003 04:24 PM

Quote:

Without Christ at its head! Thats what i said. Recognizing him as a prophet does not count. Worshipping 'Allah' and ignoring Jesus similarly is not keeping Christ at its centre.

So Judaism is a demonic religion too, wlthough their holy book is 1/2 of yours?

StrubesGuitar 06-17-2003 12:24 AM

Ok, first, anything w/o Christ isn't "demonic". The Jews, i just don't know what's goin on, there's nothing wrong w/them, they just don't recognize Christ as there messiah. They're still waiting for their messiah to come and take over whatever power that has taken over them in a militaristic fashion. Allah is not the same god as my God. Lech, YES there is a very large canyon between my version and the KKK's. Of course. I don't go around killing african-americans for no good reason. That's a hate crime, here on earth and in heaven. And u r right, my idea is very different from everybody elses, and i understand that, i know i am not completely right about everything, because i am human. Melissa, i am not sayin it is right to kill in wars, in the old test. their are many wars that God fights w/the people of Israel. It also says somewhere that war is not glorious. I THINK ALL WARS SHOULD BE FOUGHT W/PAINTBALL GUNS. OH YEAH.

Lechium 06-17-2003 12:36 AM

Allah = God in Arabic.
Even my friend, who is diehard Christian, and stued religiosn a lot, agrees that Islam and Christianity worships the same god. Ask Muslim prieast if you dont trust me. You really need to learn some basic fact, before you open yoru mouth.

Northerner 06-17-2003 01:34 PM

Ok maybe demonic is too strong a word for some people but all those other religions are simply false and therefore used by the devil to lead people away from the Truth. period.

Lechium 06-17-2003 01:39 PM

Quote:

Ok maybe demonic is too strong a word for some people but all those other religions are simply false and therefore used by the devil to lead people away from the Truth. period.

Being less closeminded, and absolute in your views, would break your neck, now wouldnt it?

jango 06-17-2003 07:43 PM

Quote:

giving you the fact that Christianity is on decline?

A random handful of Christian sects cannot be used to generalize a religion as a whole. Just as a random handful of extremists cannot.

Bridge of Clay 06-17-2003 11:43 PM

Just for the record:

muslims do believe in Christ, but they consider Him only as a prophet before Mohammed (Maomeh?? - sorry, I dunno his name in English). And they do accept the Bible, although in a lower scale, under the Koran.

creedfan47a 06-18-2003 09:37 PM

Quote:

Lech:

I partly agree. Satan is using any means he can to lead people away from worshipping the true God. False religion is one way he does this. If you are not on God's side, you are on Satan's.

Lechium 06-18-2003 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by creedfan47a
I partly agree. &nbsp;Satan is using any means he can to lead people away from worshipping the true God. &nbsp;False religion is one way he does this. &nbsp;If you are not on God's side, you are on Satan's.

Thank god I'm not Christian! (<--- awesome statement...lol) Cuz it semms like being Christain = being paranoid, cuz you believe that there is this superpowerful demonic being that is working day and night to seal your doom. Holy shit, I'm so glad I dont have to live with that, unlike you guys lol

creedfan47a 06-18-2003 10:19 PM

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist.

You can deny the existence of evil spirits all you like but it doesn't change the fact that they exist and are trying to blind you from the truth.

Lechium 06-18-2003 10:23 PM

I belive there are spirits.
I belive that some of them are unfriendly.
Just existance of one big bad guy who knows he's goign down and wants to drag averyone along with him sounds too movie like, and un-relaistic,

creedfan47a 06-18-2003 10:31 PM

Well, I certainly wouldn't trust YOUR definition of "reality". :rolleyes:

Can you open your mind to the possibility that Satan does exist and is misleading the entire earth? How else would you explain the state of mankind?

Lechium 06-18-2003 10:45 PM

What's wrong with state of mankind?
Wars? Wars had always been around, because conflict is in human nature.

P.S. Satan may exist, but I think you think he's badder than he is... well that's nto important, what is important is what do you think is wrong with mankind?

goddess_bb 06-19-2003 12:17 AM

Allright this is what pisses me off about religion... so the christans say that the Islams are going to hell and the Islams think the christans are going to hell...can anyone else see how fucking stupid that is...it all a big match of "I'm better than you" when in reality if God is so loving and forgiving anyone who believes in him will go to heaven and who the hell are you to say that one or the other does not believe in God?? Isn't that being rather UNCHRISTAN??? So all you God-fearing people are sitting in Judgement of others...HELLO..isn't that God's job??
Look maybe there is a reason for the increase in Islam could it be that Christanity does tend to be very judgemental, that's why I don't go to church. My church is right in my backyard or in my house where ever I am-- I am worshipping and believing in God!!
And Lech has a point about all the doomsday crap, I don't worry about it anymore cause I know what my relationship with God is, and when it comes it does why waste pecious moments of this life worrying and contemplating about something you have no control over????

creedfan47a 06-19-2003 09:18 PM

I'm not saying anyone's going to hell, and I would never do so. I'm also not saying that I'm going to heaven, because I don't want to.

mel!ssa 06-19-2003 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by goddess_bb
Lech has a point about all the doomsday crap, I don't worry about it anymore cause I know what my relationship with God is, and when it comes it does why waste pecious moments of this life worrying and contemplating about something you have no control over????

I agree, no use worrying about it. Who wants to live a life of fear? But that doesn't mean Satan isn't out there trying to mislead us. He's out there, but there's no reason to be paranoid about it.

Are you saying, Leech and goddess, that you refuse to believe there is a Devil trying to mislead us simply because you don't want to be afraid? That doesn't make it go away. I believe he's real, but you don't see me living some paranoid excuse for a life.

:angel: