CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Springsteen Concert (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4041)

njcreedite 08-13-2003 12:40 PM

Springsteen Concert vs others

Not sure this is the right place to post this but....

Dogstar and I went to the Bruce Springsteen concert on the 11th. It was amazing. I'm NOT that into his music, but wanted to go see what all the fuss was about. His shows are legendary around these parts. I like the older Springsteen music, not much into his stuff after 85. Well, I was in awe. The man is 53. He puts most younger performers to shame. He has no opening band. He just gets out there and rocks from the first to the last song. There were only a few VERY short breaks (some less than a minute.)in the 3+hour show. He sang, he played and he RAN around on stage like a kid. He slid across the stage on his knees (several diff. times), he jumped on the piano and sang, he ran around down by the pit, he ran from end to end. His energy level never seemed to waiver. He was ON! His voice was also ON. He was perfect in each and every song...each and every note.
How many bands...including our beloved Creed....can put on a show like that? We are lucky if they play for more than an hour and a half. Most have never play for more than 2 hours....and there are lenghty (some as long as 15 minutes) breaks during that time. How is it that this 53 year old man can sing and run around for 3+ hours.....and the much younger guys can't??? Hmmmmm makes you wonder.
You ROCK Bruce!!!:dancing:

DangerousDan85 08-13-2003 04:26 PM

he's on steroids, that's why :lol:

Yvonne 08-13-2003 06:03 PM

I don't think anyone cares about Bruce.....ON A CREED bulletin board!!! :eye:

hotforscott 08-13-2003 06:06 PM

We care about all types of music on this Creed board, and I am glad they had such an awesome time. I wish I could have gone, but hearing about it, was great, too. It makes me want to see him more. :)

DangerousDan85 08-13-2003 06:41 PM

it's actually not him performing at the concerts, it's a cybernetic organism, living tissue over metal endoskeleton, Cyberdyne system model 101, it bleeds, it sweats, it's very deceiving

Bruce still writes the song, but the robot is programmed to sing and do his signature moves, Bruce is currently vacationing in the Bahamas.

Sheila63 08-13-2003 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hotforscott
We care about all types of music on this Creed board, and I am glad they had such an awesome time. I wish I could have gone, but hearing about it, was great, too. It makes me want to see him more. :)

I agree, Carrie. Thanks for sharing the info about the concert with us, Linda.:D

TeriB19 08-13-2003 11:30 PM

Glad you guys had such a good time Linda!!

Dogstar 08-14-2003 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Yvonne
I don't think anyone cares about Bruce.....ON A CREED bulletin board!!!  :eye:

Well, I do, as I was the one who went with njcreedite and had a blast! Just because we like Creed doesn't mean we don't like other music.

I don't mean to sound like a snot or anything, but if you're not into Bruce, don't read the thread. And given that there isn't much in the way of Creed talk these days, music talk in general is interesting to me, no matter where it's posted. If you think it should be moved, PM steve and maybe he can shift it to Music Matters or something. Have a nice day.

TeriB19 08-14-2003 10:07 AM

I don't think you sound like a snot at all.

I happen to be very good friends with Dogstar and njcreedite and I'm so glad that they were able to go to the show, enjoy themselves and write a great review of the show.

JenRN 08-14-2003 11:11 AM

Bruce is the man! I wish I could of seen him, good for you guys!!!!:dancing:

DangerousDan85 08-14-2003 12:17 PM

man Dogstar sure sounds like a snot :eek:

jk :lol:

Dogstar 08-14-2003 01:01 PM

Dan, you are a stitch! :D.

Thanks, you guys! :)

Yvonne 08-14-2003 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
Well, I do, as I was the one who went with njcreedite and had a blast! Just because we like Creed doesn't mean we don't like other music.  

I don't mean to sound like a snot or anything, but if you're not into Bruce, don't read the thread. And given that there isn't much in the way of Creed talk these days, music talk in general is interesting to me, no matter where it's posted. If you think it should be moved, PM steve and maybe he can shift it to Music Matters or something. Have a nice day.

Oh stop you're whinning :crying: :crying: I was only joking around, and for the record I do like other music too and have been to plenty of concerts other than CREED concerts HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JenRN 08-14-2003 02:47 PM

well.... she certainly is not whinning!:mad: You need to :chillpill!!!!! Lighten up will you! GEEEEZ!!!!!!!!

DangerousDan85 08-14-2003 03:25 PM

i had toast for breakfast